Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new thread to list the many many issues that may impact the user or potential user of the CPS network.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a new thread to list the many many issues that may impact the user or potential user of the CPS network.
Multiple Charger Sites, only show one charger and only the connections available on that one charger. An example is the Kintore Railway site. There are 4 possibly 5 posts on that site, each with two outlets, for a total of 10 outlets..
The CPS map only shows two outlets.
Another example, where there is a rapid and a fast charger on the same site, in many cases the RAPID has disappeared and only the fast charger is shown.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Yes they have yet to get all the chargers on the map, and have also moved the Harthill P&P chargers to a new address. (I've message them)
Wallyford P&R is another which is missing all the chargers. Correction now showing 1 fast, so another 9 of these and 2, 150kwh U rapids not yet added.

Also the blue icons are not all working properly -some are showing all chargers available until you click on it and find one or two outlets are in use.

However it looks like the rfid cards are working regardless of what the map says.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hmmm, yes, looking at my own town which has a lot of chargers some have disappeared or in the wrong location.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,272 Posts
Its all about perception. If you're one of the people behind the move to SWARCO its been a 1000% success and way better than CYC could ever manage. If however your one of those "real" people who owns and drives an EV every day and needs a reliable network its been horrendous. :ROFLMAO:

I'll cut SWARCO a small amount of slack, even though their early bold claims were that they'll have a successful handover and minimal downtime, if by the 2nd August (when their superior, on time [but not] App goes officially live) the network is still pretty screwed up then they deserve every bit of bile heaped their way.

Reactions: Carsick Steve

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Its all about perception. If you're one of the people behind the move to SWARCO its been a 1000% success and way better than CYC could ever manage. If however your one of those "real" people who owns and drives an EV every day and needs a reliable network its been horrendous. :ROFLMAO:

I'll cut SWARCO a small amount of slack, even though their early bold claims were that they'll have a successful handover and minimal downtime, if by the 2nd August (when their superior, on time [but not] App goes officially live) the network is still pretty screwed up then they deserve every bit of bile heaped their way.
I feel sorry for some poor chap, probably wading his way through multiple excel sheets/databases to pull accurate info together.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, multiple charger locations don't seem to have refreshed correctly on the web site map. Also it seems there are problems with many more remote chargers showing the status 'unknown'.

I have been checking their Twitter account that occasionally gives some updates.

The do request us to call them at the new Dundee service centre and let them know of any problems we are experiencing. That seems like a better level of customer service already.

Reactions: farmergiles

·
Zoe Devotee
9,272 Posts
That seems like a better level of customer service already.
The best customer service is a working network. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I registered yesterday, but no way to order an RFID card yet...coming soon they say.

I just hope the app works, I collect my EV tomorrow and don't have home charging yet. Take away CPS around here and its a 30 mile round trip to the nearest alternative.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I registered yesterday, but no way to order an RFID card yet...coming soon they say.

I just hope the app works, I collect my EV tomorrow and don't have home charging yet. Take away CPS around here and its a 30 mile round trip to the nearest alternative.
Suggest you really need a plan C

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suggest you really need a plan C
Ok, another issue: I was promised the email by noon today which would allow me to get my account and payment details transferred across to the new Swarco systems. This has not arrived. So my RFID cards probably won't work on some remote chargers I would have been visiting tonight and tomorrow A phone calls to activate is too unreliable given long queuing times. Hate to say it , but I will be taking ancient ICE on this trip, first time for many years.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Ok, another issue: I was promised the email by noon today which would allow me to get my account and payment details transferred across to the new Swarco systems. This has not arrived. So my RFID cards probably won't work on some remote chargers I would have been visiting tonight and tomorrow A phone calls to activate is too unreliable given long queuing times. Hate to say it , but I will be taking ancient ICE on this trip, first time for many years.
At least you will get to appreciate how great are EVs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No plan C, have ditched the diesel to take the EV plunge, its our only car for our 25k annual mileage (maybe less if my work allows some working from home)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Ironically my Leaf which was broken and off the road for a month came back on the road on the same day as the Swarco change over.... :ROFLMAO: however I don't think I'll be using CPS until this kerfuffle dies down and things are reliable. (I'm sure they will get there, the first ingredient for success is actually caring, which the old provider did not!)

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Ironically my Leaf which was broken and off the road for a month came back on the road on the same day as the Swarco change over.... :ROFLMAO: however I don't think I'll be using CPS until this kerfuffle dies down and things are reliable. (I'm sure they will get there, the first ingredient for success is actually caring, which the old provider did not!)
Yes, I've been able to login to my account after JC on their twitter page sorted it for me in minutes. The Live map is getting there and chargers are working with a CPS card, and maybe with others if there are no comms and are on free vend. New account paage:

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Yes, I've been able to login to my account after JC on their twitter page sorted it for me in minutes. The Live map is getting there and chargers are working with a CPS card, and maybe with others if there are no comms and are on free vend. New account paage:

I've managed to reset my password and it seems to have partially migrated my old account over.

It's still complaining at the top "You have not set up your payment method or have not added your vehicle", however I have added my car details and the payment section gives no option to add payment and simply says "Thank you for setting up your GoCardless details. If you need to make any changes, please contact the E.Connect support team. "

We were told before migration that anyone who had set up GoCardless direct debit (which I was previously forced to do when my debit card had expired) would have that direct debit migrated across (how I'm not sure...) so presumably that has been done and the first error complaining I haven't set up payment is incorrect.

Either way I'm not taking the Leaf anywhere where CPS is the only option until I'm comfortable that the migration of both my account and the network is complete.

Looks like none of the historical data of when and where I've previously charged and how much it cost has been migrated. Shame. Looks like the only things that have migrated are my email address, and presumably (but not confirmed yet) GoCardless direct debit authorisation and RFID card.

1 - 20 of 433 Posts