Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
321 - 340 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
51 Posts
Thank you all - at least we all seem to be in the same boat... well car. I'll carry on with the free vends as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It seems Swarco is back and active on social media. I wonder if someone has been on holiday for a few weeks.

I queried yesterday about my local charger which has no comms. It's been a week now. It seems that more and more chargers are slowly dropping off the network each week. I was trying to work out in percentage terms the amount of chargers that are down, but the website makes it problematic. Looking at the live map it seems to be in the region of 25% to 30%.

The bold messaging seems to be back, talking about a 'gold standard' of service yesterday. They should probably avoid such language until they get their house in order.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
It seems Swarco is back and active on social media. I wonder if someone has been on holiday for a few weeks.

I queried yesterday about my local charger which has no comms. It's been a week now. It seems that more and more chargers are slowly dropping off the network each week. I was trying to work out in percentage terms the amount of chargers that are down, but the website makes it problematic. Looking at the live map it seems to be in the region of 25% to 30%.

The bold messaging seems to be back, talking about a 'gold standard' of service yesterday. They should probably avoid such language until they get their house in order.
Not to confuse Swarco with Swarco Smart Charging (formerly E-Volt) it's best to refer to them as CPS in Scotland.

Yes they were back yesterday and even engaged with me by DM regarding a new card I just received. (still not showing in y account, whereas the orginal one did prior to the take over)

I sometimes feel sorry for JC - as soon as he pops his head above the parapet, he's shot at by disgruntled EV drivers.
Apparently there is a 'dedicated team' who update the Live Map - well they've been asleep so far as any of the errors I've given them have never been sorted, just ignored. They can actually get the charger numbers and correct locations from Zapmap. This is supposed to work the other way.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
51 Posts
I've given up on the map: I reported that a charger shown in Broughty Ferry actually had an address in Dundee, plus some chargers near to me did not appear on the map at all. The answer was no reply. Actually, I'm in the Ferry later today, I'll double-check.
This is the charger with a postcode in the Hilltown (Dundee)

...but on the map it's shown at the Camphill Road / Hermitage road junction in the Ferry (at the what3words location - they really shouldn't use what3words).

Update:
I checked and it's definitely not there (the road is too narrow to accomodate a charger anyway).

·
Zoe Devotee
9,272 Posts
Still a bloody mess. My CPS account now appears to work. They've somehow miraculously managed to get my payment details and my vehicle details but not added my existing CPS card.

Some time ago Bob checked my details and said they were fine, but I can now see they're not. Ho Hum.

No idea if my old CYC lifer card still works, or if its still got lifetime user status.

Cluster fudge the whole thing.

Meantime I've just been using any old RFID that comes to hand to activate chargers. SWARCO are going to be skint when they've refunded all these councils who charge fees but have been forced into freevend.

Reactions: freddym and Scrooge

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·

LiveMap and App just give out random data as to whether chargers are on-line, offline, occupied, vacant even as to whether they exist. Total joke more than a month since SWARCO took over operatorship. In the meantime they are bribing drivers with other people's money to take the free vend and keep quiet. Totally disgraceful considering there is public money at stake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don’t think they‘re all on free vend - I had a trip last weekend to Elgin from south of Edinburgh and used the Kingussie chargers - to my surprise (first public charge since changeover) the card initiated the charge and showed in the app which suggests my old card was transferred to my account and is linked correctly. Will find out on next billing cycle if they charge my bank account. Clearly not a representative sample however given use of a single changer on a single day!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
As I suspected, more mis information from CPS.

They cannot add any existing Rfid cards, even CPS branded because:-

"We have checked the system for this card number. We do not have a vital part of the number which is a hex code or tag. It is invisible coded onto the chip. As we don’t have that we cannot add the 623221 card. Sorry."

So CYC have not given CPS a list of cards and the associated hex codes. (probably because BP claim ownership of them and are refusing to co-operate)

I have asked them to make it clear on the website that a new CPS card will be required and pre takeove cards are useless.

·
Registered
VW ID3
8 Posts

"We have checked the system for this card number. We do not have a vital part of the number which is a hex code or tag. It is invisible coded onto the chip. As we don’t have that we cannot add the 623221 card. Sorry."

So CYC have not given CPS a list of cards and the associated hex codes. (probably because BP claim ownership of them and are refusing to co-operate)

I have asked them to make it clear on the website that a new CPS card will be required and pre takeove cards are useless.
At least you got a reply. I've had nothing to an email I sent last week.
Gave up and ordered a new card but nothing to indicate that my order has been accepted or processed. Any idea how long new cards are taking at the moment?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
Don’t think they‘re all on free vend - I had a trip last weekend to Elgin from south of Edinburgh and used the Kingussie chargers - to my surprise (first public charge since changeover) the card initiated the charge and showed in the app which suggests my old card was transferred to my account and is linked correctly. Will find out on next billing cycle if they charge my bank account. Clearly not a representative sample however given use of a single changer on a single day!
The charger may well have been operating in an island mode and recognised your card from a white list.

PPP I'm afraid from SWARCO.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
At least you got a reply. I've had nothing to an email I sent last week.
Gave up and ordered a new card but nothing to indicate that my order has been accepted or processed. Any idea how long new cards are taking at the moment?
Mine took about 2weeks and I got a reply and DM via twitter when I replied to another owner who tweeted that he'd just received his new card. (yesterday)

I don't use Twitter for anything other than being able to reply to CPS tweets. It's worth signing up for that - just click on a tweet and you can read the replies and leave one of your own. I ignore the other EV related twatters.

·
Registered
VW ID3
8 Posts
Have tweeted and DM'd them but all they seem to be doing is retweeting praise and ignoring my messages

·
Registered
5,207 Posts

I think you're trying to extrapolate a problem with your card out to everyone's cards without any basis for this.

My CPS card which I've had since March 2017 has worked post-Swarco and the charging sessions I've done using the card have appeared on my account. So clearly my card was migrated successfully even though many people's cards were not.

I've had no contact from CPS to say that I need a new card or telling me that they're sending me one. As my old card should be on all the whitelists I don't really want a new one!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
I think you're trying to extrapolate a problem with your card out to everyone's cards without any basis for this.

My CPS card which I've had since March 2017 has worked post-Swarco and the charging sessions I've done using the card have appeared on my account. So clearly my card was migrated successfully even though many people's cards were not.

I've had no contact from CPS to say that I need a new card or telling me that they're sending me one. As my old card should be on all the whitelists I don't really want a new one!
I have had it confirmed that not all cards were migrated, 14k in fact and if they can't get the card data from BP, you have no choice but to apply for another. So not extrapolating anything!

I have suggested they contact the owners of these cards but they probably don't know who they are until the owner contacts them (CPS) as I did.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I have had it confirmed that not all cards were migrated, 14k in fact and if they can't get the card data from BP, you have no choice but to apply for another. So not extrapolating anything!

I have suggested they contact the owners of these cards but they probably don't know who they are until the owner contacts them (CPS) as I did.
I think if you re-read your post your wording strongly implies that anyone with an old CPS card will have to get a new card. This is not true clearly as mine works.

It may well be true that anyone whose card was not migrated successfully in the initial transfer last month cannot now be retrospectively added and will need a new card. That's quite different from saying no old cards will work.

Still a botch up from CPS no matter how you look at it. Sending out a load of new cards that shouldn't need sending doesn't exactly cost nothing.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
I think if you re-read your post your wording strongly implies that anyone with an old CPS card will have to get a new card. This is not true clearly as mine works.

It may well be true that anyone whose card was not migrated successfully in the initial transfer last month cannot now be retrospectively added and will need a new card. That's quite different from saying no old cards will work.

Still a botch up from CPS no matter how you look at it. Sending out a load of new cards that shouldn't need sending doesn't exactly cost nothing.
Yes, I didn't know then, just how many old cards cannot be migrated. Maybe CPS will manage to get BP to hand over the data at some point, but it looks like much of it is corrupt or allegedly sabotaged.

321 - 340 of 433 Posts