Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
341 - 360 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My CPS card which I've had since March 2017 has worked post-Swarco and the charging sessions I've done using the card have appeared on my account.
That's interesting. I hadn't realised that charge sessions for anyone were showing up in the account; you're the first I've heard of.

I never had a card pre handover. My new card that they sent still does not show any sessions in the app or online account.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
I think there are one or two have been charged.

My new card is not showing in my account either so I'll see if that changes when I use it in a weeks time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Been a CPS member since 2017. Received no communication from SWARCO about the planned switch, but saw the posts here, and was confident that from everything I could see, my old RFID card fulfilled the “criteria” to be usable post-changeover. Which was why I paid the annual £20 in May rather than just cancelling the direct debit.

It now turns out that instead, they’ve somehow deleted my account — after lots of ignored emails, they finally replied yesterday to tell me that my account didn’t exist and to create a new one. With the added benefit that because of this, my old RFID wouldn’t work in the future and so I should give them another £10 to get a new one.

It takes some balls to tell a customer that because the company has successfully messed up behind the scenes without telling you, you should give them more money!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
That's interesting. I hadn't realised that charge sessions for anyone were showing up in the account; you're the first I've heard of.

I never had a card pre handover. My new card that they sent still does not show any sessions in the app or online account.
They show up for me. The website still doesn't show the "site" that the charge was made at (the iOS app does) but the data is otherwise there.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device Parallel

As you can see its a while since I've used a public charger but I am likely to be using one on Saturday so fingers crossed...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Been a CPS member since 2017. Received no communication from SWARCO about the planned switch, but saw the posts here, and was confident that from everything I could see, my old RFID card fulfilled the “criteria” to be usable post-changeover. Which was why I paid the annual £20 in May rather than just cancelling the direct debit.

It now turns out that instead, they’ve somehow deleted my account — after lots of ignored emails, they finally replied yesterday to tell me that my account didn’t exist and to create a new one. With the added benefit that because of this, my old RFID wouldn’t work in the future and so I should give them another £10 to get a new one.

It takes some balls to tell a customer that because the company has successfully messed up behind the scenes without telling you, you should give them more money!
Yeah, I didn't cough up the £20 in May and glad as a result. However, I got sent a new working CPS card anyway but attached to my old BP/CYC [???] account that never got migrated. Hardly used it so to mitigate billing issues. E-mails to CPS have never been responded to. Looks like I will have to pay a tenner for another RFID card at some point when the chargers are no longer on free vend. Can't complain really with the compensation... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
as stated the web site shows no detail, however the iPhone app does, these charges were done using my original CPS card I have not tried the app to start a charge yet. So far it’s worked OK however there have been a few charges that have not appeared on either the web site or app
Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology
Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, I didn't cough up the £20 in May and glad as a result. However, I got sent a new working CPS card anyway but attached to my old BP/CYC [???] account that never got migrated. Hardly used it so to mitigate billing issues. E-mails to CPS have never been responded to. Looks like I will have to pay a tenner for another RFID card at some point when the chargers are no longer on free vend. Can't complain really with the compensation... :ROFLMAO:
I’d otherwise agree with you about the compensation, except as I understand it it’s the local authorities losing the charging money, not CPS!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
I’d otherwise agree with you about the compensation, except as I understand it it’s the local authorities losing the charging money, not CPS!
I'm sure the councils will expect to be reimbursed by Transport Scotland.
No apologies from CPS/Swarco because "it's not us, it's BP", which is probably true but they should have dome more perparatory work before the migration.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
I'm sure the councils will expect to be reimbursed by Transport Scotland.
No apologies from CPS/Swarco because "it's not us, it's BP", which is probably true but they should have dome more perparatory work before the migration.
I'm afraid it will be the chargepost owners taking the hitvand in any CPSSWARCOCF have all the data and the owners will have to beg for that.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
I'm afraid it will be the chargepost owners taking the hitvand in any CPSSWARCOCF have all the data and the owners will have to beg for that.
Not necessarily. The CPO's will be billed by their energy supplier as normal, but won't be receiving any EV drivers payments from CPS. So they'll expect TS to cough up, or maybe told to go and take a jump.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Certainly I’ve noticed some perfectly good destination chargers, not in council car parks, have been turned off. Probably until the mess has been resolved.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Certainly I’ve noticed some perfectly good destination chargers, not in council car parks, have been turned off. Probably until the mess has been resolved.
Can't say I blame private charge point owners for cutting them off rather than end up with a large bill and no money from CPS.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Just reported Arrochar, which has been out of action for a couple of weeks according to Zapmap comments, Inveraray, which seems to be working and now the crucial Lochgilphead rapid which may be working but possibly not the CCS.
Some Striling P&R rapids are working but most of the 40 AC posts aren't.
We'll see how long it is before I receive a reply from CPS.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
as stated the web site shows no detail, however the iPhone app does, these charges were done using my original CPS card I have not tried the app to start a charge yet. So far it’s worked OK however there have been a few charges that have not appeared on either the web site or app
View attachment 149604 View attachment 149604
Totally weird. Looilkng on to my account and looking at my charge sessions. I've used some of the same posts and the account is is showing a zero or chargeable amount depending on whether the host has set a non zero tarriff or not but NO site information. Ie same charging point but different information depending on user.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think a fair summary would be that I shall postpone my stayvacation trip to Scotland until next (?) year...

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
I think a fair summary would be that I shall postpone my stayvacation trip to Scotland until next (?) year...
Probably it depends on where in Scotland you are going. Some parts are fairly well served by other providers. Some parts of the CPS are well managed by their owners and get issues sorted pretty damn quick ( East Lothian, Orkney,).
Others might add which a the good area which are riisky.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Probably it depends on where in Scotland you are going. Some parts are fairly well served by other providers. Some parts of the CPS are well managed by their owners and get issues sorted pretty damn quick ( East Lothian, Orkney,).
Others might add which a the good area which are riisky.
Argyll & Bute, Fort William, Stirling Castelview, sometimes Harthill just off the M8, possibly Larkhall P&R.
Away from the Central Belt it can much more of a pita because there a few independents if the CPs chargers are faulty.
NB many shown as greyed on the live map will work with any rfid card provided they are working - i.e. the leds are green. e.g Inveraray.
One or two have very dim displays so just show it your card, plug in and press 'start'. If successful you will hear the charger fans start up, then just show your card again to end a charge.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for all the information. I'm right on the south coast so also looking into chargers around St. Malo etc.! But when I do go (doctor's clearance permitting) it'd include Falkirk, Kinross and then who knows.. The furthest north I've been was to Pitlochry, and that was by plane and train. I'd take my fly rod (think I'd like to get a small one for rough streaming too) and won't be in too much of a hurry to get anywhere. It's a very rough plan!:)

341 - 360 of 433 Posts