Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
361 - 380 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Not impressed that we are forced to sign up to EVA Scotland to hear the discussion, Swarco need to be going public on it.

However I expect it will have no substance, apologies nor meaningfull statements, probably just laying the blame on CYC/BP.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I understand that the whole show will available to all on Youtube after the livestream finishes.
Live stream seems to be accessible to me and as far as I know I'm not logged in. (I do have a EVA forum login but I'm not a member) Watching it just now.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Lots of exuses that provide no explanation as to why their live map is full of bad data.
Whether a Kona or Tesla has the correct firmware is a red herring.
They went into a bit more detail about what went wrong (not a lot though) earlier in the stream - maybe check the beginning on the replay.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Lots of exuses that provide no explanation as to why their live map is full of bad data.
Whether a Kona or Tesla has the correct firmware is a red herring.
They say there are 9 technology providers:
1/ SWARCO formerly eEvolt 2/ ABB 3/ EFACEC. 4/ Alfen. 5/ can anybody complete the list.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Not much new but why did they not post the replies on the website and social media a month ago?
Especially the admission that the chargers were on free vend and work with any rfid, which they also should have publicised thereby avoiding the overloading of their helpline.

It would have helped if there had been an explanation for the issues, which seem to be mainly due to BP and I note that the TS guy refused to comment on compensation.

It was disappointing to hear that TS are not demanding councils to repair their chargers and they are often a 'low priority' (for funds).
There cannot be a reliable network if this is allowed to continue.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
They say there are 9 technology providers:
1/ SWARCO formerly eEvolt 2/ ABB 3/ EFACEC. 4/ Alfen. 5/ can anybody complete the list.
I expect the others were installed by private hosts.
Who makes CMU?
EFA are Siemens I think.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
I expect the others were installed by private hosts.
Who makes CMU?
EFA are Siemens I think.
When SWARCO say technology providers, they really mean the manufacturers if the RAPIDS and AC charging posts.

Vast majority of the RAPIDS in the CPS are SwarcoEvolt branded Rapids made in Barcelona by Circontrol, so the Technology Provider is Circontrol. There are also a lot of older APT branded Rapids also made by Circontrol. Swarco purchased the entire APT operational some years ago.

There are some ABB RAPIDS on the network, not a lot.

Other than Circontrol RAPIDS, there are a lot of Portugese made EFACEC RAPIDS which have a SIEMENS label on them. Siemens are probably acting as UK agents for EFACEC.

The next group of RAPIDS are UK manufactured chargers with BP Pulse branding.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
Reading between the lines, it seems that the other manufacturers have not been particularly helpful or just slow.

Noted the comment that the BP chargers were working with a BP Pulse card if the CPS one didn't work, and also the reversal of the card number by some chargers (little/bigendian).

This should be solved with a charger software update or back office software mod to undo the reversal.

They basically underestimated the task but commincation with EV drivers is woeful. For example, they should have emailed every card holder a moth ago to explain what the issues were and how they could use any card in the interim.

It's unsurprising that some privately owned chargers (eg Shiel Bridge which has been turned off by the owner) are not working because they are not being paid for the energy supplied.

Things are improving, with far fewer greyed out chargers.

incidentally, I exchanged emails with Ryan Robertson, the East Lothian Council's EV charging supremo, regarding the 45min time limit on all their rapids & Ultra rapids and at least he engaged with me, unlike Argyll & Bute.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Reading between the lines, it seems that the other manufacturers have not been particularly helpful or just slow.

Noted the comment that the BP chargers were working with a BP Pulse card if the CPS one didn't work, and also the reversal of the card number by some chargers (little/bigendian).

This should be solved with a charger software update or back office software mod to undo the reversal.

They basically underestimated the task but commincation with EV drivers is woeful. For example, they should have emailed every card holder a moth ago to explain what the issues were and how they could use any card in the interim.

It's unsurprising that some privately owned chargers (eg Shiel Bridge which has been turned off by the owner) are not working because they are not being paid for the energy supplied.

incidentally, I exchanged emails with Ryan Robertson, the East Lothian Council's EV charging supremo, regarding the 45min time limit on all their rapids & Ultra rapids and at least he engaged with me, unlike Argyll & Bute.
Hi, totally unimpressed with the pathetic excuses coming from SWARCO.
The "other manufacturers" includes RAPID charging posts that EvoltSwarco supplied and maintain. Why are these chargers missing from the CPS LiveMao ?????

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
No doubt the old mantra of "this must never happen again..." will be trotted out at some point to keep us little people happy :ROFLMAO:

Still had no reply to my account queries or anything else so pretty much past caring what they do...

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·

He seems like an organised manager with a clear vision. Did he offer any future change or review of the 45 minute limit.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
He seems like an organised manager with a clear vision. Did he offer any future change or review of the 45 minute limit.
He said he reviewed the time and cost regularly.
I pointed out 45mins was fine on their Ultra rapids at Wallyford, but not enough on the 50kw rapids elsewhere.
I said to him, I'd have to stop again in a neighbouring county, possibly blocking one of their chargers or motre likely, I'd just not stop in East Lothian, which is probably what he wants so his residents have easier access.

361 - 380 of 433 Posts