Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
461 - 480 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
My account has a subscription date of July 2022, and at the moment none of the CPS rapids I have tried will work with either of my (previously working) cards - I get a “card not verified” error. This is despite emailing CPS admin to ask them about the date issue and being told that the had corrected on my account.

After the first failure to start a rapid I phoned CPS who told me there was nothing wrong with my account and it was a charger issue.

So I’ve called this morning and this time been told there is some underlying issue with their system that they are working on but only when individuals contact them to let them know they have problems! We checked my details, found that although my subscription date shows as 2022 on my account, it had been changed on their initial system, but does not seem to have been processed properly. And after checking that they have the correct card numbers against my account they took all my details to email to the admin team for them to investigate the issue further. Other than being told it will take at least 24-48 hours due to the backlog to be checked, the only way I’ll know if it’s fixed is if my cards just start working.

At the last rapid I visited there were 3 other CPS users trying to get the rapid started - none of our RFID cards would work and someone was in the queue to speak to the CPS helpline to see if they could get a remote start - so if you have a card problem at more than one site I would suggest you phone in to get your account checked as it does. it sound like these issues are currently being looked at proactively just now!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
My account has a subscription date of July 2022, and at the moment none of the CPS rapids I have tried will work with either of my (previously working) cards - I get a “card not verified” error. This is despite emailing CPS admin to ask them about the date issue and being told that the had corrected on my account.

After the first failure to start a rapid I phoned CPS who told me there was nothing wrong with my account and it was a charger issue.

So I’ve called this morning and this time been told there is some underlying issue with their system that they are working on but only when individuals contact them to let them know they have problems! We checked my details, found that although my subscription date shows as 2022 on my account, it had been changed on their initial system, but does not seem to have been processed properly. And after checking that they have the correct card numbers against my account they took all my details to email to the admin team for them to investigate the issue further. Other than being told it will take at least 24-48 hours due to the backlog to be checked, the only way I’ll know if it’s fixed is if my cards just start working.

At the last rapid I visited there were 3 other CPS users trying to get the rapid started - none of our RFID cards would work and someone was in the queue to speak to the CPS helpline to see if they could get a remote start - so if you have a card problem at more than one site I would suggest you phone in to get your account checked as it does. it sound like these issues are currently being looked at proactively just now!
So our hopes that things were almost back to pre Swarco days are unfounded!

My account shows a start date of 2001 so who knows whether my two cards will work.

I also asked them via twitter how to start a charge with the app when the charger status is 'unknown' since the start button is greyed out. No reply.

Many chargers which support only 1 DC charge at a time used to have the CCS connection as unknown and the chademo as available. But they've swapped this around so many show chademo as unknown and therefore the app can't be used.

Looks like its BP's ultrarapids on the M8 MSA tomorrow and fingers crossed Lochgilphead or Inveraray work with my cards.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·

Dundee Princes Street shows three Rapids Available, one broken, two unknown. Other charge sessions are underway as we speak. So suggest issue isn't a network outage but out of sync activation of many RFID cards.
Actions:-
1/ try and find a CPS Rapid with contactless
2/ call them out on Twitter for their useless back office administration
3/ use a different network.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had the same problem at a rapid in the borders. I called the help line (12 minutes to get through) and after asking for my name and email address they identified my account as having a start date of august 2022. They changed it to August 2021. They advised it would take 24 hours to be reflected across the network. Not had a problem since on any Borders rapid.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
I had the same problem at a rapid in the borders. I called the help line (12 minutes to get through) and after asking for my name and email address they identified my account as having a start date of august 2022. They changed it to August 2021. They advised it would take 24 hours to be reflected across the network. Not had a problem since on any Borders rapid.
Now you have a working account (at least for Rapids in the Borders), what details does your CPS account provide?

Mine shows a list of charging sessions.

I note the following are missing:
-Account start date
-RFID card number
-Go Cardless authorisation (or any other means of payment)

Its like there is NO account administration.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
Now you have a working account (at least for Rapids in the Borders), what details does your CPS account provide?

Mine shows a list of charging sessions.

I note the following are missing:
-Account start date
-RFID card number
-Go Cardless authorisation (or any other means of payment)

Its like there is NO account administration.
Did the charging sessions shown also display the cost and have they taken payment for any yet?

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
They show the cost including zero cost sessions but no payment taken so far
if they can't take payment and need everyone to sign a new DD then are they eventually going to take all the outstanding amounts up to the end of the previous month?

It might take them another 3 months to fix all the accounts they lost (14000) so our bank accounts could take a big hit if 5months usage is debited all at once.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just checked my account Freddym. It shows date and time of session start, site (one is blank), type (rapid or AC), status is all unpaid and those that charge (eg Moffat) have the session cost listed however the two sessions on 7th Aug and 29th Aug at Moffat have not been charged to my bank account. I also had a charge against the Park Hotel in Peebles last month but it has disappeared from my sessions and I have not been charged for that either.

My Account thanks me for setting up GoCardless which I set up almost two years ago so I assume my payment details have been migrated.

The account shows Subscription Start Date as 26th Aug after they changed it. Its all a bit hit and miss as I used the app initially where the sessions were logged but not the RFID sessions. Now some of the RFID sessions appear in the account but not all.

When I contacted them by phone I told them the app was not fit for purpose and suggested that they should concentrate on getting back to the reliable RFID billing and session logging of how it used to be under Charge Your Car.

Reactions: freddym

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
Just checked my account Freddym. It shows date and time of session start, site (one is blank), type (rapid or AC), status is all unpaid and those that charge (eg Moffat) have the session cost listed however the two sessions on 7th Aug and 29th Aug at Moffat have not been charged to my bank account. I also had a charge against the Park Hotel in Peebles last month but it has disappeared from my sessions and I have not been charged for that either.

My Account thanks me for setting up GoCardless which I set up almost two years ago so I assume my payment details have been migrated.

The account shows Subscription Start Date as 26th Aug after they changed it. Its all a bit hit and miss as I used the app initially where the sessions were logged but not the RFID sessions. Now some of the RFID sessions appear in the account but not all.

When I contacted them by phone I told them the app was not fit for purpose and suggested that they should concentrate on getting back to the reliable RFID billing and session logging of how it used to be under Charge Your Car.
I've not signed anything authorising transfer of my payment details....that will be interesting if they attempt to take any money.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,343 Posts
Anyone else seen charges disappearing from the site? I was checking out a couple of free posts one night, it registered both chargers after I'd used them. On one I took a mere 1.99kWh (dodgy post) and on the other I took 7kWh and for some reason the 7kWh charge later disappeared from the site? Not that it maters it was a free charge anyway, but makes me wonder 1. how it disappeared and 2. is it likely to happen again.

·
Registered
VW ID3
10 Posts
I have two free charges from Hampden appearing on the website but only one on the app. Meanwhile two charges I got in Perthshire, one of which I think should have cost me something have not appeared any where.
The app also thinks I have an ongoing active charge (this is from the only time I used the app to start the charge)
Ongoing shambles

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
I have two free charges from Hampden appearing on the website but only one on the app. Meanwhile two charges I got in Perthshire, one of which I think should have cost me something have not appeared any where.
The app also thinks I have an ongoing active charge (this is from the only time I used the app to start the charge)
Ongoing shambles
Use Twitter to post on your experiences. Reply to the CPS posts for example.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
I see you replied to todays CPS boast of 1500 new customers, as did I. They are truly a bunch or morons because they must have expected the backlash comments made by us and several other disgruntled customers.
e.g.
@ChargePlaceScot
any idea when we'll actually be able to charge using the app or card, I've come across and been part of a group of at least 20 who have been stranded over the past 2 weeks....apalling service and comms.

and a classic:-

@ChargePlaceScot

1500 new people to get disappointed by your terrible service!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
BP Pulse 100kw chademo at Harthill worked first time using their app, though it seemed a bit slow (the app, not the charger). 33mins for 28kwh 33 to 83%
Really excited :p about trying the Lochgilphead rapid first thing in the morning, will the app work (chademo is greyed out so probably not) or which CPS card will work, probably neither until I phone them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone else seen charges disappearing from the site? I was checking out a couple of free posts one night, it registered both chargers after I'd used them. On one I took a mere 1.99kWh (dodgy post) and on the other I took 7kWh and for some reason the 7kWh charge later disappeared from the site? Not that it maters it was a free charge anyway, but makes me wonder 1. how it disappeared and 2. is it likely to happen again.
Yes, a couple of mine from last week had disappeared.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Why don’t we start a twitter or facebook chain - something along the lines if “long standing CPS user who know finds the ongoing backend problems prevent my previously working RFID cards from starting chargers across the network, if you are affected too then reply below” and see how many people join the chain…

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
Why don’t we start a twitter or facebook chain - something along the lines if “long standing CPS user who know finds the ongoing backend problems prevent my previously working RFID cards from starting chargers across the network, if you are affected too then reply below” and see how many people join the chain…
Away you go and start one. Might need a snappier title, also not including CPS in it.

461 - 480 of 513 Posts