Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
481 - 500 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On the blower to CPS again about my RFID card yesterday, as expected the promises made last week were long forgotten, lol. A new RFID card is in he post, hopefully...

·
Registered
166 Posts
On the blower to CPS again about my RFID card yesterday, as expected the promises made last week were long forgotten, lol. A new RFID card is in he post, hopefully...
Did you have to pay them their extra £10? I’m still hacked off that thanks to their back end failings, I’m supposed to pay them more to get a card that works, and I’d really rather not.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,343 Posts
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Facebook users were pretty quick to reply after I commented on their copy of the twitter post on FB.

CPS are technically correct, they did not lose one customer account. They literally lost hunners of them.... well ok not the account, I'll give them that. They magically got accounts, car details, users details and bank details but conveniently not so many RFID card numbers.

I was however one of the lucky ones, Bob was able to fix my account.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
View attachment 151123

Facebook users were pretty quick to reply after I commented on their copy of the twitter post on FB.

CPS are technically correct, they did not lose one customer account. They literally lost hunners of them.... well ok not the account, I'll give them that. They magically got accounts, car details, users details and bank details but conveniently not so many RFID card numbers.

I was however one of the lucky ones, Bob was able to fix my account.
What is a virtual rfid number?
They definitely tweeted that they had 14000 user account issues. They'll have deleted the tweet by now.

They also said all existing CPS cards would work. It's just one lie after another to save face.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Did you have to pay them their extra £10? I’m still hacked off that thanks to their back end failings, I’m supposed to pay them more to get a card that works, and I’d really rather not.
Nope, no charge, cheers

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well my subscription date is now fixed on my account (finally) at the second time of trying, so will go out and try my cards tomorrow to se if that’s the issue resolved.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok so I arrive this evening at the Stirling Forthside charging hub and pull up to a rapid charger with two green lights. First things first let's make sure it's not going to respond to any old RFID card by flashing my bank card at it. Nothing so looks like I'm going to have to use the app. Looking at my location on the app it seems I should be next to two fast ac chargers not a row of Rapids. Oh well nothing for it but call the help line. Whilst I'm waiting for my call to be answered I have look at the app again and notice a cluster of rapid chargers that appear to be situated a couple of hundred metres away on top of the Vue cinema. Could these be the chargers I'm parked next to? I give the location a poke and a list of rapid chargers appears. Now which one am I parked at. Difficult as none of the chargers have a bloody ID number on them. Let's try trial and error. I pick one and initiate a charge but nothing on the charger I'm stood next to so I try the next on the list and the charger activates. Needs bit of a wrestle to get the plug out of its holster but I get the charge started OK. Is it so difficult for SWARCO to make sure the locations of their chargers are accurate and actually put a bloody ID number on the charger. Seems it is. Sigh

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Ok so I arrive this evening at the Stirling Forthside charging hub and pull up to a rapid charger with two green lights. First things first let's make sure it's not going to respond to any old RFID card by flashing my bank card at it. Nothing so looks like I'm going to have to use the app. Looking at my location on the app it seems I should be next to two fast ac chargers not a row of Rapids. Oh well nothing for it but call the help line. Whilst I'm waiting for my call to be answered I have look at the app again and notice a cluster of rapid chargers that appear to be situated a couple of hundred metres away on top of the Vue cinema. Could these be the chargers I'm parked next to? I give the location a poke and a list of rapid chargers appears. Now which one am I parked at. Difficult as none of the chargers have a bloody ID number on them. Let's try trial and error. I pick one and initiate a charge but nothing on the charger I'm stood next to so I try the next on the list and the charger activates. Needs bit of a wrestle to get the plug out of its holster but I get the charge started OK. Is it so difficult for SWARCO to make sure the locations of their chargers are accurate and actually put a bloody ID number on the charger. Seems it is. Sigh
This is because SWARCO don't give flying monkeys about the accuracy of their database. There are errors galore everywhere one looks. Complete sites missing, multiple charges on a single site listed when there is only one. Lots of missing multiple chargers. Locations miles away from where they are. Inaccurate availability data. etc.
Don't want to be overly critical but do es the UK general manager, sitting down in his English Head Office and collecting the TS fee, think any of this is acceptable.
Do they have a plan to survey and correct all the errors.
Are they going to upgrade the useless App ( slow internet my ar&e)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
This is because SWARCO don't give flying monkeys about the accuracy of their database. There are errors galore everywhere one looks. Complete sites missing, multiple charges on a single site listed when there is only one. Lots of missing multiple chargers. Locations miles away from where they are. Inaccurate availability data. etc.
Don't want to be overly critical but do es the UK general manager, sitting down in his English Head Office and collecting the TS fee, think any of this is acceptable.
Do they have a plan to survey and correct all the errors.
Are they going to upgrade the useless App ( slow internet my ar&e)
If they don't have the manpower to go around all the sites updating the database how hard would it be for Swarco to enlist a dozen trustworthy, enthusiastic EVA members to go around all the sites near them testing they work, that they have a number on them and that they appear in the correct location on the app?

Hell if they're missing the number on the side of the machine, once it is confirmed what it is (by starting a charge and checking the log in the app) they could write it on in marker pen, that would be better for the moment than no number at all! :ROFLMAO: (I've actually seen a couple of sites in the past pre-Swarco that did in fact have the ID number written in marker pen so there is precedence :p )

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
If they don't have the manpower to go around all the sites updating the database how hard would it be for Swarco to enlist a dozen trustworthy, enthusiastic EVA members to go around all the sites near them testing they work, that they have a number on them and that they appear in the correct location on the app?

Hell if they're missing the number on the side of the machine, once it is confirmed what it is (by starting a charge and checking the log in the app) they could write it on in marker pen, that would be better for the moment than no number at all! :ROFLMAO: (I've actually seen a couple of sites in the past pre-Swarco that did in fact have the ID number written in marker pen so there is precedence :p )
The Stirling Castelview hub charger have the numbers written on them and the Harthill rapid had no number at all.
I only found out this charger's number from the live map.
A Dymo labeller is obviously outwith their budget!

I agree, there are plenty of EV drivers, even those on here, who would be willing to feedback the relevant data AND what3words locations.

However the issue seems to be lack of manpower generally.

A jobs agency would be able to recruit a dozen or so temporary staff with their own transport to cover the whole of Scotland in a month. Of course having to do this would be an indictment of the failings within TS/CPS to keep an up to date backup from the CYC days to give to Swarco.

I have asked them if they want our help via twitter DM. Don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Woohoo!!! A shiny new CPS RFID card delivered my my friendly postman today :) Will test it tonight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hell if they're missing the number on the side of the machine, once it is confirmed what it is (by starting a charge and checking the log in the app) they could write it on in marker pen
That's what I was going to do last night until I realised I didn't have a marker on me

·
Registered
661 Posts
If I lived up there you could borrow my Dymo and some plastic tape to put numbers on any handy charger. There's a handy small memory in the machine so you could also store another label: "Charger labelled by user because SWARCO can't be arsed". That might get them moving? Highlight it to local journos too..

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
If I lived up there you could borrow my Dymo and some plastic tape to put numbers on any handy charger. There's a handy small memory in the machine so you could also store another label: "Charger labelled by user because SWARCO can't be arsed". That might get them moving? Highlight it to local journos too..
It would certainly force them to send someone out to remove the labels!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
"Can't charge using an RFID card because most of them aren't working" and "Can't charge using the App because there's no number on the side of the charger and the location in the app is completely wrong so the charger can't be found" seems like a bit of a perfect storm of trouble doesn't it..... ?

And if you can ring them on the phone and ask them to start the charge after describing where you are, (meaning they have somehow figured out which is the correct charger without an ID number and without a correct location on the map) then why can't they just update the goddam map ? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
"Can't charge using an RFID card because most of them aren't working" and "Can't charge using the App because there's no number on the side of the charger and the location in the app is completely wrong so the charger can't be found" seems like a bit of a perfect storm of trouble doesn't it..... ?

And if you can ring them on the phone and ask them to start the charge after describing where you are, (meaning they have somehow figured out which is the correct charger without an ID number and without a correct location on the map) then why can't they just update the goddam map ? :unsure:
I reckon they should put the chargers back on free vend :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
609 Posts
It’s better news from me today - my cards are working at chargers that last week would not validate. it look an email followed by two further telephone calls before issues with my account/cards got sorted. Hopefully that’s the end of this round of problems, but sadly it looks like many other users are still in limbo and expecting these issues to be sorted automatically if they give it time. I’m not so sure that will prove to be the case based on my experiences.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Woohoo!!! A shiny new CPS RFID card delivered my my friendly postman today :) Will test it tonight.
And it doesn’t work, FFS 😡🤣

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
3,282 Posts
And it doesn’t work, FFS 😡🤣
Looks like you'll still have to phone them.
I need to charge tomorrow so I expect to have to do the same.
It's a pity EV drivers don't have a louder voice which would make the media and the government start to listen.

481 - 500 of 513 Posts