Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been given a delivery date for their 1st edition car yet. All my dealer could tell me was towards the end is September.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is what I was told as well. My dealership have a dedicated ID.3 sales team but none of them has either seen the car or had any online training about it yet. Worrying!
I have had an email from VW UK advising my order has been accepted, but to date I have not signed any paperwork. Also worrying,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes as a 1st Mover too, was told it would be September. As I am on holiday for the first two weeks of September and then in Quarantine for another 14 days, we agreed that the final few days of September would be our agreement.

I did sign a paper order form at the dealership, which is a contract. I specified on the form the options, Protection Pack 2 and Transport Hitch as they were not on the on-line configurator app used by the dealership to raise the order.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 2 sales persons at my dealership have out of office replies on their emails till the bank holiday is over. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,004 Posts
I've just been told they are 'due to arrive next month' by a dealer. I could have had an ID.3 from their allocation, but the personal 'Lease and care' prices were too high, and they won't do a business lease. My heart says hang the costs and get an ID.3, but my head says the Peugeot e-208 is a better deal just now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just been told they are 'due to arrive next month' by a dealer. I could have had an ID.3 from their allocation, but the personal 'Lease and care' prices were too high, and they won't do a business lease. My heart says hang the costs and get an ID.3, but my head says the Peugeot e-208 is a better deal just now.
Obviously an e-208 will be a much better price deal than a high spec 1st edition. I'm itching to get an EV now but will very patiently wait for a low spec mid battery ID3 hopefully around £30k. At least we should get confirmed pricing in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone been given a delivery date for their 1st edition car yet. All my dealer could tell me was towards the end is September.
My dealer now has sent me a screenshot of the order. It even includes the VIN of the vehicle! It says delivery forecasted for 29/09. I suspect if this is the case, I won't be driving it before October, as presumably there will be pre delivery checks etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My dealer now has sent me a screenshot of the order. It even includes the VIN of the vehicle! It says delivery forecasted for 29/09. I suspect if this is the case, I won't be driving it before October, as presumably there will be pre delivery checks etc.
Now that's Just-In-Time Manufacturing!

I hope that they are handed over fully charged! Not like my e-Golf - but that meant I used a Public Rapid DC charger on my first day! There was a lot to learn that day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now that's Just-In-Time Manufacturing!

I hope that they are handed over fully charged! Not like my e-Golf - but that meant I used a Public Rapid DC charger on my first day! There was a lot to learn that day.
That was naughty of them! My Dealership has 2 chargers (I am not sure how fast) on the forecourt. I assumed it would be delivered fully charged, but now I am not so sure!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealership has 2 chargers in the customers parking area, a type 2 charger presumably 7 kW and a small Schneider electric CCS charger which says the input is 3 phase 40-32 A and the output 150-530V DC, 65A so I presume that means it's a 20 kW charger.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is what I was told as well. My dealership have a dedicated ID.3 sales team but none of them has either seen the car or had any online training about it yet. Worrying!
I have had an email from VW UK advising my order has been accepted, but to date I have not signed any paperwork. Also worrying,
In Portugal I placed my final order 2 months ago and at the time they knew nothing about the 1st Mover club as I asked. Late on Thursday I had an email from my dealer saying I had to sign the 1st Mover contract by Friday to get my car in December all last minute stuff. If I were you I would ask for more info about 1st Mover.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for that. I have to say my dealership does seem hopelessly chaotic at the moment. I’ve bought 3 cars from them before and everything went smoothly then. I think it’s a combination of CV and a lack of knowledge/ training on the ID.3.
I have not seen anything on the VW website about the Movers Club. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for that. I have to say my dealership does seem hopelessly chaotic at the moment. I’ve bought 3 cars from them before and everything went smoothly then. I think it’s a combination of CV and a lack of knowledge/ training on the ID.3.
I have not seen anything on the VW website about the Movers Club. Do you have a link?
My dealer told me she did online ID.3 last week. Here is the link:

Note it says early September and my dealer is on holiday next week. 😂

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer told me she did online ID.3 last week. Here is the link:

Note it says early September and my dealer is on holiday next week. 😂
That link is all I could find online. I am not convinced VW UK have rolled this out yet. Mind you anything is possible - one part of the UK site says delivery would be summer 2019!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts