Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,855 Posts
This is why I decided to get a Zoe to replace my ICE VW Up.
The PCP on the Up would've run out today, so I'd be fretting over being without a car (This was pre-plague obviously)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I might have been able to get my ID.3 from my dealer tomorrow or Saturday, they have it, they sent me a video of it, it was wrapped in protective stuff inside and out. However, due to a very recent holiday featuring the NL, I am in quarantine for 14 days, so it will be the last week of September. But that his my delay not VW or my dealer's delay. I have its VIN, have chosen a number plate.

I am still asking about the extras I had on the order: the protection pack (mats, sill protector) and transport hitch - at present the dealer says that they are on order from VW. So hopefully they will arrive in time for my handover. Has anyone else had an extras, options and news on their availability?

I also am trying too get my insurance, and many insurers have not sorted out this new vehicle yet. But my current insurance expires on 4-Oct and I have added the ID.3 to my current policy. So I can drive it when I get it. At the moment my current insurer has the best quote for the ID.3 - Aviva.

Also wondering about paintwork protection - the dealer sold me for my e-Golf an AutoGlym set up but I wondered if going with some of the third party detailers might be better. Anyone any thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I spoke to my dealership's designated electric vehicle guy yesterday and I'm going to pick mine up on Saturday morning at 09:00. The granny changer which I requested, doesn't come as standard, is on back order and I'll have to do without for the time being.

I've managed to get insured with Admiral, as very few of the mainline insurers, including LV and Directline had the ID3 listed. I've not bothered with the paint protection, as I didn't use the AutoGlym stuff they sold me for my GTE previously. I don't know what the cost difference is between that and third party detailers, so I can't offer any advice on that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How much they charge for granny changer? You can buy one for GTE from ebay(one offer for 280). Or other place, maybe here in the forum. And you will have it quicker.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Part number 000054412E at £215 inc VAT - this will be a UK-specific part due to the UK 3-pin plug.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm picking mine up at mid-day tomorrow. Hopefully the protection pack that I ordered will be with it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm picking mine up at mid-day tomorrow. Hopefully the protection pack that I ordered will be with it.
Interesting - I'll be very interested whether it will be included - so can you respond after you have it? It seemed to me the best time to affix the loading sill protection is when the vehicle is brand new (ie very clean).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Part number 000054412E at £215 inc VAT - this will be a UK-specific part due to the UK 3-pin plug.
The one on ebay is also with UK 3-pin plug , but I guess the guy wants to much money. I am surprised that original one cost £215, good deal. I was thinking more around £400.

Or that one with 10 m cable, £160: Masterplug 10A Type 2 Socket Electric Vehicle Charging Cable 10m
Or that one with 5 m cable, £140: Masterplug 10A Type 2 Socket Electric Vehicle Charging Cable 5m

·
Registered
22 Posts
I might have been able to get my ID.3 from my dealer tomorrow or Saturday, they have it, they sent me a video of it, it was wrapped in protective stuff inside and out. However, due to a very recent holiday featuring the NL, I am in quarantine for 14 days, so it will be the last week of September. But that his my delay not VW or my dealer's delay. I have its VIN, have chosen a number plate.

I am still asking about the extras I had on the order: the protection pack (mats, sill protector) and transport hitch - at present the dealer says that they are on order from VW. So hopefully they will arrive in time for my handover. Has anyone else had an extras, options and news on their availability?

I also am trying too get my insurance, and many insurers have not sorted out this new vehicle yet. But my current insurance expires on 4-Oct and I have added the ID.3 to my current policy. So I can drive it when I get it. At the moment my current insurer has the best quote for the ID.3 - Aviva.

Also wondering about paintwork protection - the dealer sold me for my e-Golf an AutoGlym set up but I wondered if going with some of the third party detailers might be better. Anyone any thoughts?
Just collected my ID.3. I ordered the protection pack. I received the rear mats and boot mat. Front mats arriving next week and sill protector to be fitted.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My dealer's phoned up today to say I can't pick my car up as they have been unable to tax it on the DVLA site. Hopefully it will be sorted out on Monday.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,412 Posts
My dealer's phoned up today to say I can't pick my car up as they have been unable to tax it on the DVLA site. Hopefully it will be sorted out on Monday.
What? How is that possible? My Kia dealer told me they can do everything online now and proceeded to demonstrate it by transferring my now former GTE to themselves in front of me.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I had a look on the DVLA tax checker and they have taxed, so I phoned the dealer and he then said that the problem was with the registration, he said they were having problems with the system that they use. He's promised to get it sorted on Monday, but I'm a little confused as I don't see how they could have applied for the Vehicle excise duty on an unregistered car. Hopefully they will sort it out as soon as possible.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts