Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have picked up my i3s in Melbourne red with extras and so far so good only time will tell it’s not my normal kind of car (sports cars and super cars) but it’s funky and people have already commented on it and it’s quick off the lights.

I have managed to work out most things but just a couple of quick question. Can you split the main screen to show say the nav map and the radio if so how and can you make the mirrors fold on locking the car or is it only if you hold the key lock button for sometime.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
526 Posts
Cool!
Yes. Hit the option button when the ignition is on and there's a toggle for splitting the screen.
The mirror fold you have to hold the lock button down for two seconds, you can't make it automatic.

I remember it was a Good Day when I picked up my Imperial Blue i3S too. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I tried the option split screen but it doesn’t seem to select I’ll try again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted thanks. Don’t know why but before it wouldn’t let me select split screen.
another question though with the car open should the boot open with the handle in the tail gate I can only get it to open off the keys whether the car is locked or open? Seems very strange.

Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you press the door unlock button (by the electric window controls), all the doors and boot are unlocked. I have programmed the spare button on the key fob to open the boot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boot sorted why doesn’t the manual explain it better?
last question for now I hope and I’m sorry but I can’t find the answer.
the demo car I had lit up blue on unlocking then when white when you opened the door mine just stays white and I can’t find any settings anywhere only external light settings please don’t tell me it was an option because no one told me, if it was can it be retro fitted or can I change the bulb if so does anyone know what the bulb is? I would rather just have it blue.
Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
the demo car I had lit up blue on unlocking then when white when you opened the door mine just stays white and I can’t find any settings anywhere only external light settings please don’t tell me it was an option because no one told me, if it was can it be retro fitted or can I change the bulb if so does anyone know what the bulb is? I would rather just have it blue.
Thanks
Courtesy lights come as an option bundled with the Suite interior, so if the demo car had leather seats and yours doesn't, that might explain it. If so, it cannot be retrofitted.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
526 Posts
Drive-ready must be on (ignition on) to select Split Screen. It remains greyed out otherwise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sorted out the screen. The interior is annoying I really liked the blue the sales guy new that but didn’t tell me it only came with the leather which I didn’t want as I’m not bothered about it to hot in the summer and cold to start off in the winter and I couldn’t understand why brown?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can make the mirrors fold on lock by coding the car via Bimmercode and a compatible OBD reader. It's the first thing I did when I got mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s really helpful, apart from folding mirrors any other useful codings you’ve found on the i3?
Oh there's loads that you can change due to personal preference. For me the Automatic Mirror Tilt Value was too high so when I engaged reverse I wanted the mirror to be not so tilted and changed the value until I was happy.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks
My car does the blue when unlocking, white when you open the door thing. It doesn't have the "suite" interior, but does have "loft".

I saw in Settings>Lighting>Ambient (or thereabouts) an option to switch between blue and white, so perhaps it is that, I left it as blue as it is a pretty cool effect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have screwed up as I only wanted the base interior because that’s the one I liked.
I blame the sales man for not explaining what I was missing out on, I thought the light change fas standard, I have kind of sorted it, I have changed the interior light bulbs to blue led ones so no it’s always blue but they do look good.
I blame my self though for not ordering keyless entry or the reversing camera but I did order the front sensors.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Keyless entry was one of the few options I did not bother with. Read too many stories about cars being stolen by criminal gangs using the technology.
Probably unduly paranoid but ......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts