Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the title... Thinking of what to do once my used warranty comes to an end (Nov 2020).

As mentioned before, still unsure about my new toy.

Just wondered if someone can give me an accurate residual ... After another 8 months... Any good websites that can give accurate values?

Here's the spec:

2016 (66), 94ah REX, leather (suite interior) business media, park assist, turbines alloys, protonic blue, 30k miles.

Ideally I wanted a p/ex. price.

Or would selling it privately be a good idea (say with 2 months warranty remaining?).

Any comments much appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We recently discovered that the market for i3s is all over the place. All of the usual places are pretty far off the mark, and they all misrepresent the value of desirable extras (one dealer told me that pro nav and 428s can easily add £1500 to a car's value, but they hardly make any difference on CAP). At the same time, even BMW approved used pricing seems strange - on new cars the prices are tightly controlled but we found a major franchise dealer (in Wales) selling a couple of i3s for low prices; when we called they said "we don't see many of these and our people don't know much about them".... Best advice is not to overprice it, and build your own database of stuff that's selling - there are some fantasy prices online and the guides undervalue for an optioned car.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
528 Posts
Rare cars are hard to price.. I was looking for a used car. Couldn't find many at all, so here we are with a new one..

·
Registered
574 Posts
Have you put the details into the Autocar car valuer? Just to get some relevant datapoints, I checked some of the screenshots I took of i3 adverts in Feb2019.
94Ah Rex 67reg then £22.4k retail at 6kmiles.
Autotrader says now: pvt sale £20k p/ex £18.9k with 15kmiles

94Ah Rex 66reg then £20k retail at 31kmiles.
Autotrader says now: pvt sale £15.8k p/ex £14.6k with 40kmiles

Depreciating around £4k from retail to p/ex in one year seems about right? I think the 67 reg was quite keenly priced as it had been on the advert for about 6months dropping a £1k every month!

I'd take a guess that your p/ex would be around £15-16k?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you put the details into the Autocar car valuer? Just to get some relevant datapoints, I checked some of the screenshots I took of i3 adverts in Feb2019.
94Ah Rex 67reg then £22.4k retail at 6kmiles.
Autotrader says now: pvt sale £20k p/ex £18.9k with 15kmiles

94Ah Rex 66reg then £20k retail at 31kmiles.
Autotrader says now: pvt sale £15.8k p/ex £14.6k with 40kmiles

Depreciating around £4k from retail to p/ex in one year seems about right? I think the 67 reg was quite keenly priced as it had been on the advert for about 6months dropping a £1k every month!

I'd take a guess that your p/ex would be around £15-16k?
Thanks for that, yes that's what I was getting when I entered the details on some of the P/ex websites.

But the some of them listed the private valuations a lot higher (pushed up by the extras maybe).

I guess it will all depend on the specific deal on the new car and how desperate they are to sell it. Useful to get a ballpark though, so thanks for that!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts