Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not had chance to give it a proper test yet, but its far better than my last EV (Renault Zoe), and it does not skittish in corners like my old BMW i3. It seems well planted, will comment more over the next week or so when I get to use it around Sheffield and London, both Pothole and Speedhump hell!
Thanks for answering. Will wait for your adventures in pothole and speedbump hell. lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No creep, and starts at level 1 regen everytime you say. Thats going to take some getting used too. Thanks.
It creeps as standard, but if you select autohold, it does not creep, (Which I prefer), you stop take foot of brake and hover over accelerator to go. (Brake lights stay on).. But you need to select this mode everytime you start car. it wont stay selected.

In Eco Regen is set to level 2, in Comfort and Sport its set to Level 1.. so you have to paddle up each time you start car or change mode. BUT I understand in the menu system you can set the starting level for each mode and it then stays set. (Just need to find it now)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This.may have been covered already but is there a vent in the back of the central storage for the real passenger like there is on the Ioniq. Also how is the aircon on the car as my Leaf40 kwh is shit. I take it you have got Premium SE spec over Premium?
Sorry I missed your questiion.

The Aircon is very very good, I had to turn it down multiple times as it was getting too chilly, better than the Zoe and the i3.

There is no vent in the rear centre console (Or any USB or Power) real shame, there are vents under trhe front seats that blow into the back, but they missed a trick by not putting some user controllable ones for the rear and any power or USB

And yes Premium SE, (Would have had to wait till Jan19 for Premium)

·
Registered
432 Posts
It creeps as standard, but if you select autohold, it does not creep, (Which I prefer), you stop take foot of brake and hover over accelerator to go. (Brake lights stay on).. But you need to select this mode everytime you start car. it wont stay selected.

In Eco Regen is set to level 2, in Comfort and Sport its set to Level 1.. so you have to paddle up each time you start car or change mode. BUT I understand in the menu system you can set the starting level for each mode and it then stays set. (Just need to find it now)
You can set the regen levels in the menu for each mode and they should(!) stay set. If you want the car to slow down quicker - inc all the way to a stop - you can hold the LH paddle up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A few more questions, if you have a moment please, before I pick up my Pulse Red which ctb cannot locate at the moment!

Can you confirm the car has two Charging Cables as standard (Granny & Type 2/Type 2)?

Did you get a Service Book as well as the two large Manuals?

Is there any discernible Torque Steer when accelerating, with any amount of steering lock applied, as mentioned by some journalist?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@Signpost

Can you confirm the car has two Charging Cables as standard (Granny & Type 2/Type 2)?

Yes Bag with Type2 (Nice Quality one) in Boot, and huge black zip up bag under boot floor next to inflation pump with the granny charger in it, very very nice, small unit with black front and a lot of info displayed. Looks a lot better than the BMW one but will scratch up easily.

Did you get a Service Book as well as the two large Manuals?
Yes the 2 manuals are stupid, 1000s of pages with a dozen or so in english. Save a tree No !! and yes there is a seperate service book in the black docs folder.

Is there any discernible Torque Steer when accelerating, with any amount of steering lock applied, as mentioned by some journalist?

None when pulling away straight, but yes it gets rather squirrly if you apply power while going around a corner, nothing dangerous but it lets you know its there and gives a tug on the wheel with a squeak from the tyres.

ALSO Confirmed the boot floor has 2 levels so the extra room is nice,
And the satnav has free lifetime map updates, was not expecting that as the ZOe was a huge cost to update

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
Sorry I missed your questiion.

The Aircon is very very good, I had to turn it down multiple times as it was getting too chilly,
Does it not have a good temperature setting/thermostat feature?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Boot Floor In Lower Position (About 3" extra Depth but no longer flat access of course)

boot low.jpg

Granny Bag under Boot Floor and Granny

granny bag.jpg

granny.jpg

With the multisection store tray out plenty of room to keep type2 under boot floor

snake1.jpg

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Happy to Report the TomTom LIVE EV Charging Station data is working,

As is Live Traffic, Live Weather, and Live Parking Space & Cost info.

But all require a connection to your phone by wifi, it will NOT work with Bluetooth tethering (On andriod at least), will try with an iphone later.

Shame as on my android phone it turns off the wifi hotspot if not used for 5mins, so a pain having to keep turning it back on whereas bluetooth tethering stays active. will try it on iphone later and see if its easier.

IMG_20180906_084429.jpg

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
And another great feature.

GPS Geofenced charging settings. WHY OH WHY cant others do this.

Can set locations and times to charge at that specific location,

EG. Set satnav position of home, and tell car to only charge during ECO7 hours when at that location, and at all other locations it charges as soon as you plug it in,

When at home if you want to override off peak and charge straight away, just press the button in the charge flap

SUCH COMMON SENSE>

Can you guess I am happy with this feature ;-)

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
EG. Set satnav position of home, and tell car to only charge during ECO7 hours when at that location, and at all other locations it charges as soon as you plug it in,

When at home if you want to override off peak and charge straight away, just press the button in the charge flap

SUCH COMMON SENSE>

Can you guess I am happy with this feature ;-)
Like the Ampera, then. :cool:

Other manufacturers seem to be slowly catching up to a car launched almost a decade ago.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Stageshoot congratulations! How did you get it "early"? I thought the earliest was the 10th???

You'll have to let everyone know how to set the regen in different modes, since the online manual only says "It is possible to set the driving condition for each drive mode (except the ECO+ mode) at the drive mode setting in the Audio and AVN system. For more information, refer to the separately supplied manual"

·
Registered
432 Posts
Stageshoot congratulations! How did you get it "early"? I thought the earliest was the 10th???

You'll have to let everyone know how to set the regen in different modes, since the online manual only says "It is possible to set the driving condition for each drive mode (except the ECO+ mode) at the drive mode setting in the Audio and AVN system. For more information, refer to the separately supplied manual"
I got mine on 3 Sep!
You can set the regen for each driving mode on the display - i think it was the eco menu.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

In the vehicle settings on infotainment .

Can set speed limit climate and regeneration for each mode which then sticks

IMG_20180906_101255.jpg

IMG_20180906_101240.jpg

21 - 40 of 329 Posts
About this Discussion
328 Replies
60 Participants
cah197
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing