Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with the Model S when on the WAVE and I found it almost irresistable!

It is everything that I was hoping for in the Leaf and Ampera but hundreds of times better in almost every respect.

I know I have said that for me it is too big and I kinda still feel that but if I could afford one... I'd buy one today, without a moment's hesitation!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
You know you can make the numbers work Paul, go on ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would really have been interested in a 40kwh leaf, I would have made the numbers work :)

There are some very lucky US owners who now have the performance of a 60kwh model with likely even better battery life as only using 40kwh of the 60kwh physical battery and the option to upgrade via software at any point in the future!

Anyone worked out what the UK cost would have been for a 40 extrapolating the uk costs for a 60 and 85?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't think the Tesla is all that big really. It feels fine when driving and, even in showroom conditions (which usually make cars look bigger than they appear on the road) it didn't strike awe or fear into my wife (is that it?) :) A Mercedes estate drove past me this morning, it was huge.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I don't think the Tesla is all that big really. It feels fine when driving and, even in showroom conditions (which usually make cars look bigger than they appear on the road) it didn't strike awe or fear into my wife (is that it?) :) A Mercedes estate drove past me this morning, it was huge.
Its significantly smaller than the 7 series BMW (SWB) and I have seen plenty of those trawling the narrow streets of mayfair this morning with no problems at all

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
On the size front... we don't really want anything much bigger than the Leaf or Ampera. To us it is big. Mind you, we had a Land Rover Freelander so we have had a bigger car before so we feel we know what we are likely to be happy with :)

@jontracey Yikes! I BMW 5 series is too big for us. I know that a lot of people are very happy with a bigger car but for some reason we don't feel comfy with anything much bigger than we have already. Just us I suppose :)

@Flaninacupboard LOL! I wish... especially when we are about to move house :eek:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
On the size front... we don't really want anything much bigger than the Leaf or Ampera. To us it is big. Mind you, we had a Land Rover Freelander so we have had a bigger car before so we feel we know what we are likely to be happy with :)

@jontracey Yikes! I BMW 5 series is too big for us. I know that a lot of people are very happy with a bigger car but for some reason we don't feel comfy with anything much bigger than we have already. Just us I suppose :)

@Flaninacupboard LOL! I wish... especially when we are about to move house :eek:
@Paul_Churchley its pretty much equal dimensions to a 5 series, the reason for equating to the 7 series is that I saw plenty of them easily navigating the small lanes of mayfair, if the 7 can get down there then the Model S should be just fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts