Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether it's a terrible financial idea remains to be seen (and for me to resolve by taking on extra work).
But I've finally got my ZE40 R110, battery owned, my beautiful joy mobile, and I am ecstatic!
Zoe is WONDERFUL to drive, and I am absolutely in love.
I haven't got great range yet, as my right foot is apparently very heavy... (still delighting in the rapid acceleration, tbh!), but I'm sure I'll adapt.
Home charger being installed soon, once my fuse has been upgraded.
Here's to the future of driving! Cheers! 馃

Registered
Whether it's a terrible financial idea remains to be seen (and for me to resolve by taking on extra work).
But I've finally got my ZE40 R110, battery owned, my beautiful joy mobile, and I am ecstatic!
Zoe is WONDERFUL to drive, and I am absolutely in love.
I haven't got great range yet, as my right foot is apparently very heavy... (still delighting in the rapid acceleration, tbh!), but I'm sure I'll adapt.
Home charger being installed soon, once my fuse has been upgraded.
Here's to the future of driving! Cheers! 馃

View attachment 144174

View attachment 144175
Nice one. Are you the first in your family to get an EV.
Now to convince any skeptics?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations. Bought via the forum by any chance?

Intrigued to know how much your insurance was... :)
Indeed I did - @AndyD was my white knight on a[n electric] steed. (Happy birthday, BTW Andy! Hope it wasn't too traumatic, haha)

Insurance for me (female, 40, low annual mileage of ~7000) was 拢230, making my existing Churchill policy into a Multicar. Obvs I'll soon cancel the ICE once it's sold.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one. Are you the first in your family to get an EV.
Now to convince any skeptics?
Yes, I am. My dad was skeptical price-wise (but that's more due to my income than anything specific to EVs), and my cynical cousin can be a negative Nancy about new tech for the sake of it, but both he and dad were incredibly impressed by the ride handling, etc, and the R110 acceleration knocked their socks off! Cousin says the Zoe looks ugly, and he's over 6ft, so found it a bit cramped, but he's otherwise convinced by the whole EV concept. He also says the pedestrian warning whine "sounds like a sad spaceship". haha!

Registered
Indeed I did - @AndyD was my white knight on a[n electric] steed. (Happy birthday, BTW Andy! Hope it wasn't too traumatic, haha)

Insurance for me (female, 40, low annual mileage of ~7000) was 拢230, making my existing Churchill policy into a Multicar. Obvs I'll soon cancel the ICE once it's sold.
Cool. I assumed so after seeing his was sold.

Ah, I owe you an apology of sorts. From your original thread I assumed you were younger, hence the advice about checking insurance! I don't generally keep tabs on what people pay. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. I assumed so after seeing his was sold.

Ah, I owe you an apology of sorts. From your original thread I assumed you were younger, hence the advice about checking insurance! I don't generally keep tabs on what people pay. :)
I mean, technically, I've got 3 months until I'm 40, but I'm as near as dammit.
I'm still in my thirties! I'M STILL IN MY THIRTIES! <sob>

Registered
I mean, technically, I've got 3 months until I'm 40, but I'm as near as dammit.
I'm still in my thirties! I'M STILL IN MY THIRTIES! <sob>
Bloomin' whipper snappers. You young kids with your fancy cars and their elastic trickery :cool:

I must be exactly ten years older (give or take a some weeks) and have already given up any pretence that I am still in my forties.

Good timing on get a ZE40 though next year you will need to get ZE41......it's the law or something! Hmmm, guess I should be getting a ZE50 then. Meh, still feel like my ZE22 :whistle:

had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
Glad you鈥檙e excited, electric cars are a huge technological achievement and we should be excited about them. I think the reason people get fed up if they do go wrong is that BEVs are so good.
I expect your car will have a 3 year warranty, although new ones now have 5.
Do consider the Renault warranty extension which is only available while the 3 year one is still valid, even if it means buying it while you have a second hand warranty running.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you鈥檙e excited, electric cars are a huge technological achievement and we should be excited about them. I think the reason people get fed up if they do go wrong is that BEVs are so good.
I expect your car will have a 3 year warranty, although new ones now have 5.
Do consider the Renault warranty extension which is only available while the 3 year one is still valid, even if it means buying it while you have a second hand warranty running.
Yep, I'm covered until November on the original 3-year one. I'm going to nip in to my local Renault dealer and badger them about the cost of the extension.

Registered

Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
Congrats - yes, steady with the Gas pedal :D

read on another forum that the sweet spot for saving energy and increased range is around 70km/h with cruise control or speed limiter set to that figure they reckon they found out - thats only 43mph and most probably too slow, but just so you can maybe be aware that (obvs) the faster you go the more range you will use up and it really starts to decrease in range when you go fast (y)

I am gonna try it just as experiment next time I go out , there will most probably be a queue of traffic built up behind me ... but they can wait :D (or overtake)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats - yes, steady with the Gas pedal :D

read on another forum that the sweet spot for saving energy and increased range is around 70km/h with cruise control or speed limiter set to that figure they reckon they found out - thats only 43mph and most probably too slow, but just so you can maybe be aware that (obvs) the faster you go the more range you will use up and it really starts to decrease in range when you go fast (y)

I am gonna try it just as experiment next time I go out , there will most probably be a queue of traffic built up behind me ... but they can wait :D (or overtake)
Yeah, I've seen that figure show up on ZapMap/ABRP when programming a route.
Thing is, for me, a car is for driving, to get where I need to be, promptly. Not dawdling and fannying about at 43 mph. I mean, that's ludicrous really.
Also, round here in East Anglia, there aren't often dual carriageways, and there are already plenty of irate drivers having to overtake the tractors, Sunday drivers, combine harvesters, coffin dodgers... I don't want to add to the problem!

One day I'm sure I'll get an EV with a greater range, so I can drive 'normally' without having to eke out the battery.
But for now, Zoe will suit me just fine. <happy sigh>

Registered
Thing is, for me, a car is for driving, to get where I need to be, promptly. Not dawdling and fannying about at 43 mph. I mean, that's ludicrous really.
Also, round here in East Anglia, there aren't often dual carriageways, and there are already plenty of irate drivers having to overtake the tractors, Sunday drivers, combine harvesters, coffin dodgers... I don't want to add to the problem!

One day I'm sure I'll get an EV with a greater range, so I can drive 'normally' without having to eke out the battery.
Hi Selina, and congratulations on the Zoe, hopefully it will be a good choice for you!

Just chipping in on the driving style to say that my wife loves her Zoe and certainly doesn't spare the horses on the daily commute. When I mention to her that our miles per kilowatt hour jumps significantly when I'm driving she shrugs and just tells me the leccy is cheap and to think of all the money we're saving on petrol.

So make the most of the lively performance of your new EV and enjoy!

Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (拢50 off one month for both of us)

Even at 60/70mph I found the ZE40 was really quite good. Managed Southampton to Milton Keynes, in the winter, almost entirely on motorways, with the heating on, with about 13% battery left on arrival.

Zoe Devotee
thats only 43mph and most probably too slow,
I can imagine the forum. I've been saying since the early days @45mph was the Zoe sweet spot, in fact when I did 132.2miles on 22kWh I was mostly pottering about quiet country lanes doing that speed.

Registered
Even at 60/70mph I found the ZE40 was really quite good. Managed Southampton to Milton Keynes, in the winter, almost entirely on motorways, with the heating on, with about 13% battery left on arrival.
I could barely get a ZE40 from the EV centre to north London and back without plugging it in, fair play 馃槀

Reactions: ajtaylor

Zoe Devotee
Not dawdling and fannying about at 43 mph. I mean, that's ludicrous really.

Just for historical purposes..... you'll come to regret that comment. :ROFLMAO: Drive fast and charge or drive slow and don't charge, that's the conundrum. One is quicker than the other in most cases, but which ones and when? :cool: Give it a year for you to drive in all conditions and you'll "soon" know. (y) I agree though foot down is more fun, but practicalities have a habit of ruining that, especially after 3 failed charges enroute and you start thinking (panicking) maybe I should have slowed down earlier.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
Not that I've had the chance to drive thousands of miles on the motorway in my 50, but I think it is more efficient than the 40 at higher speeds. Tootling along at 62/63 mph is knocking on the door of 4 m/kWh, unless it's winter and/or driving into a strong headwind.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts