Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all from a six year Leaf1 & Leaf2 owner. I've just been to my local Hyundai dealer and he's agreed to take a deposit from me for a new Kona Electric 64Kw in 'Acid Yellow'

Okay I agree it's no big deal, but you! try and place an order and it'll generally be rejected as they have no knowledge of what the vehicle will be: Price?, Trim?, Timing?, Cost?, Colour?, even specification?
My order will be placed tomorrow with Hyundai Motors and I know the price will be reasonable, it's a Hyundai, from the Iconic; I know the range will be realistic and as for the spec it'll be more than any German specked equivalent, colour; as long as its not black or white I'll be happy!

I have absolutely no affiliation with the supplier/dealer; I Googled them and just tripped in there this afternoon. I sort'a hate the idea of buying a Hyundai and would much rather buy a higher name branded car; but we are where we are.....

I just can't wait, they have absolutely no idea when the car will go-live but think Hyundai will work towards September when the new car reg comes out in the UK.....
Anyway PM me and I'll pass on the dealers contact details if you want to place a per-order(Cambs, Suffolk border)

Oh: BTW I have a Model 3 on order {I.E. I've put down !K} but realistically it'll be 2021 before we get a sniff IMHO, if ever the way things are going with Tesla.....

CAN'T WAIT; but I'll just have to!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool :)

I sort'a hate the idea of buying a Hyundai and would much rather buy a higher name branded car; but we are where we are.....
(Hyundai and KIA being pretty much the same vehicles) My KIA cee'd that I had for 10 years was incredibly reliable, nice and comfortable, good spec and less than half the cost of other branded cars at the time. Comparing the Leaf 40 to my cee'd, the cee'd was an absolute steal and I'm considering going back when KIA release an EV that isn't the Soul EV* :)

*Soul drivers seat is too uncomfortable for me...

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I like the idea where the car will make you a cup of coffee when nearing your destination and tell you when it's ready. That's a pretty unique feature.

upload_2018-4-15_17-12-51.png

Reactions: ianatkin

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,605 Posts
Nice one, let us know if you get a confirmation from Hyundai!

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
They will definitely not be able to meet the demand on this car in the EU, persuading a dealer to take a preorder now is probably the only way to get one before 2020.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,605 Posts
I've heard price of 495 000 SEK, which is about 47 000 EUR / 41 000 GBP.
Even assuming that this price is for the 60kWh, that is a lot of money for a Hyundai. I don't think it will sell that well, even if they manage to make them.

Reactions: ElectricBrain

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Does the extra VED apply in spite of the ULEV discount bringing it below 40K?
I'd expect them to make it £39,999 to take that into account.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
£41k is clearly trying to dampen demand in line with global supply.

Had thought about this as a second car. £30k good, £35k...well o.k., £41k forget it ! I will wait for M3/Y, x3i (or whatever they will call it) and run the diesel for a few years more.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Even assuming that this price is for the 60kWh, that is a lot of money for a Hyundai. I don't think it will sell that well, even if they manage to make them.
Yes this was for the large battery 60/64 kWh. Just something I heard on the net. Also, we have 25% VAT.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,605 Posts
Yes this was for the large battery 60/64 kWh. Just something I heard on the net. Also, we have 25% VAT.
When I read 25% VAT, I was "Wow", and then remembered that it is 20% in the UK...:cry:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered mine on 8 March. Hyundai UK said they will launch in the UK in "summer" with pricing shortly before that. My dealer thought he would have his demo in June. I went for larger battery. If it is priced between £30k and £35k I will definitely go for it. If much above that I will wait for the Model 3 I also have on order.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1 - 20 of 98 Posts