Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Mk7.5 Golf GTE, while going over the car, pre collection, I noticed there wasn’t a jack in the boot.
The dealer said because there’s no spare wheel, there’s no need for a jack so non are included.
Is this correct?
There are plenty for sale on eBay so I suspect he’s dealing in fibs.

All I have in my boot is a compressor & the locking wheel nut socket.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
My KIA Soul has no spare wheel and no jack. That makes sense.
No big deal.
In 40+ years of driving I've had 2 punctures, never had to change a wheel en route.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
If the dealer told you that there is no jack you must believe them 😂 😂 😂
On a side note, when I collected my Zoe I've showed the Salesman how to reset the GOM (two pedals technic) His response was: " I must show this to the service department because they were wondering if this can be done without plug in the car to the computer" I bought the car from.......(drum roll) RENAULT dealer 😂 😂 😂

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,524 Posts
My Mk7 GTE had a jack in a black bag. I kept all of it in one of the bags for cables, with the cables in. It was a squeeze, but it kept the trunk tidy.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Yep - My previous 2015 model came with the following.
Jack / Jack Handle / Wheel Nut Brace / Locking Wheel Nut Socket / Wheel Nut Cover Plastic Removal Tool / A Threaded Stud To Add With Wheel Chaging / Case containing The Inflation Pump and Canister Of Goo ( which has an expiry date, which is very expensive to renew - just buy a tin of Holts foam ) / An Emergency Towing Eye / The Type2 charging cable / The “Granny” charger also.
Oh ...... And a cuddly toy !.
P.S. - There is a cut out in the foam to accept the Jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts