Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the new Jaguar I-Pace advert, interesting...
As with most adverts, hopefully nobody takes it seriously
As the lady walks out of the hotel, replying to the receptionist with reference to the lightning
She says something like “It’s just electricity, nothing to be afraid of”
It’s a nice play on words/double entendre, with real reference to the car
But I’m pretty sure electric shocks from lightning have lead to deaths, albeit rare occurrences :coffee:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,330 Posts
Well walking around with a wild animal probably isn’t safe either. I hope she has a licence for it.

Oh, and that ‘lady’ is Eva Green

Now I see why they don’t have a budget for a charging network.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was a well trained pet, which actually keeps her safe... well i wouldn't approach her :cry: even though it is Eva Green :)love:)

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,478 Posts
Now I see why they don’t have a budget for a charging network.
Adverts and happy journalists are way more important than what happens after the car is out of the door.

After all, they already have your money, you are dealership's problem now.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I like this one - especially the end

·
Registered
226 Posts
Madrid airport is plastered with iPace adverts. I dont get why they're advertising it so much when it's production constrained so bad? They cant sell any more than they produce so why waste money on adverts?

·
The best there is at what I do
10,267 Posts
The only advert I like is Kevin the Carrot, can't believe that Coca Cola haven't complained yet.

#SaveKevin

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,491 Posts
Madrid airport is plastered with iPace adverts. I dont get why they're advertising it so much when it's production constrained so bad? They cant sell any more than they produce so why waste money on adverts?
They are trying to sell desirability. They aren't trying to sell the car at this point.

Remember that Jag are about to go all in for electric cars, like the move to diesel for them was such a shock realisation too late, this time they are doing it the other way around and be ahead of the curve before it bites them.

That means there has to be a market that wants them, before they actually try to sell them. For diesels there was a market that wanted them before they had them. This time, it is not a ready-made market that they are late to fill, they are trying to time their product entries with market desire.

... am I imagining this? I thought it was quite clear this is what they are doing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Attended the Jaguar i-pace event today at Millbrook - fantastic fun .. demographics of attendees were interesting - middle aged , almost no existing EV drivers. Like donald said, JLR are having to bootstrap a new market.
BTW, the i-pace is a very nice machine and what the professional drivers could make it do around the circuit was remarkable.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Adverts and happy journalists are way more important than what happens after the car is out of the door.

After all, they already have your money, you are dealership's problem now.
I once heard/read that a lot of car adverts are there to reassure people that they made a good decision, and to give them a chance to remind their friends that they bought that car and are happy with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts