Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
He spent over £30,000 on a new electric car, according to the intro. Which also says he's a petrol head "leaving petrol behind".

Swear he bought a REx?! James May, sign up here and join in wont you, seems our kind of car anorak?! ;) :D

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
With rebate "after I got the rebate back" confusing, you don't get it back, it's gone... he specced it to £35k. Ouch. :D But then says it's overcharged and very expensive experiment. Sort of agree, lots of us are paying over the odds and it's because we want one, not because it's best sense.

Now talking about hydrogen fuel cells as the future. Damnit people!

Also apparently the BMW i3 satnav has poor charge point information and doesn't show you details like it's actual address (ie it's in a certain car park). That seems odd?

Bit of fluff to be honest, but nice to have EVs spoken about in a generally positive manner by a genuine enthusiast who people will (might) take seriously.

He'll get loads of grief on Top Gear if they even mention it at all I imagine.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Indeed...he could have sold the benefits a bit more. ie how much fuel he's saving and not having to pay the £11 to drive to Pall Mall!

Not to mention not belching out more fumes into the atmosphere of the world's 10th most polluted city (air quality).

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts