Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone help please?
My wife's mentioned the charge lead getting more difficult to remove lately on our 2014 Electron & this morning it has stuck firm!
I've pushed, wriggled & pulled it for some time but without success. Now (after turning off the power at the board) I've dismantled the handle/grip section and freed the release tag (which I've examined in the past & still seemed to be activating freely this morning) but the actual central barrel piece remains jammed solid.
Is there something else that holds the charger in place, maybe a solenoid that I can get to...?!? any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi, Can anyone help please?
My wife's mentioned the charge lead getting more difficult to remove lately on our 2014 Electron & this morning it has stuck firm!
I've pushed, wriggled & pulled it for some time but without success. Now (after turning off the power at the board) I've dismantled the handle/grip section and freed the release tag (which I've examined in the past & still seemed to be activating freely this morning) but the actual central barrel piece remains jammed solid.
Is there something else that holds the charger in place, maybe a solenoid that I can get to...?!? any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks
Andy
I had the same.
I photographed it and posted it on here.
I will see if I can find it.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,050 Posts
Yes, search is lost. It is terrible.

Go to google or yahoo and type in "site:speakev.com {AAA}".

It sounds like it is the lead, not the car. I am having difficulty understanding what is a 'central barrel piece'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts