Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Any idea if the 8yr warranty could be invalidated if the port were changed by a non-Vauxhall dealer..? i will check anyway but in case you already know..?
It would probably be an excuse to wriggle out of a warranty claim, but how would they know it's been replaced? It's four bolts and a connector. It's not like it's coded to the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It would probably be an excuse to wriggle out of a warranty claim, but how would they know it's been replaced? It's four bolts and a connector. It's not like it's coded to the car.
Its that easy to change, eh? Good to know - thanks again Roger. I was also thinking that they'd probably always 'blame' the charge lead for any damage to the inlet port - after all, how else could the inlet get damaged..?!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Its that easy to change, eh? Good to know - thanks again Roger. I was also thinking that they'd probably always 'blame' the charge lead for any damage to the inlet port - after all, how else could the inlet get damaged..?!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,688 Posts
Not the HV warranty. A VAT registered business cannot be excluded from servicing a car, but of course if someone has evidence the screwed something up then it'd be the business' issue. If you still have the 'life' warranty that might be a different matter.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts