Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 65 plate Zoe has started to jerk at speeds under 35 mph over that speed it drives smoothly, the jerky feeling seems worse when sitting in the rear seats. This started about a week ago any ideas what it may be?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
Worn out potentiometer in the accelerator pedal?
That would be my first thought too, thought it is a double one.

I think you need to be 100% it is the pedal position, or (as you indicate) the speed. If it's the speed another candidate is the motor position sensor. I'd say a dealer visit is quite needed.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Agreed - but do so once it starts jerking to see if it keeps doing it rather than whether it starts doing it. If it does do so leave the cruise engaged but accelerate using the pedal until the jerking stops (say 40) and then back off to see if it restarts when the cruise control takes over again. No jerking implies the pedal potentiometer (cheap) otherwise as suggested something else. I hope that you have a warranty still.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies I will try with the cruise control tomorrow and book it in the dealers Monday. I took previous advice from this forum and continued the warranty looks like it could be money well spent.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Easy to tell if it's a duff potentiometer - try doing 30mph in Eco and Normal mode. The pedal will be at a different position in each mode to request the same energy from the battery. I bet it does it at exactly the same speed in each (i.e. not a potentiometer).

Reactions: proddick and dk6780

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed - but do so once it starts jerking to see if it keeps doing it rather than whether it starts doing it. If it does do so leave the cruise engaged but accelerate using the pedal until the jerking stops (say 40) and then back off to see if it restarts when the cruise control takes over again. No jerking implies the pedal potentiometer (cheap) otherwise as suggested something else. I hope that you have a warranty still.
Still jerks when I ease off so as suggested probably something elsr
Easy to tell if it's a duff potentiometer - try doing 30mph in Eco and Normal mode. The pedal will be at a different position in each mode to request the same energy from the battery. I bet it does it at exactly the same speed in each (i.e. not a potentiometer).
You are right it does do it at the same speed in both modes
Booked in at dealers on Thursday

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Good luck, and keep us posted!

Reactions: Andrew R
1 - 9 of 9 Posts