Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We at Drive Electric along with our partner companies EA Technology and Western Power Distribution are running a new charging project named Electric Nation. This project aims to procure between 500-700 participants who will have their charging habits analysed using a free home smart charger which can manage when and how the vehicle battery charges.

The findings of the trial will help electricity network operators to manage the effect of the additional load caused by charging EV's on the local electricity network. This is essential for the security of electricity networks in the future and the decarbonisation of the transport sector which is responsible for approximately 21% of the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions.

If you would like to learn more or to check your eligibility for the project then please consult our website - Electric Nation | Your electric vehicle - Your smart charge

Use our postcode checker to find out whether you are in a WPD area in which the project will be run. Please also be aware that if you are not initially within a WPD zone then after 6 months the project will be opened up nationwide (excluding Northern Ireland). Current EV Drivers can only participate if they haven't previously applied for the OLEV grant on an EV home charging system.

There will also be a Fully Charged Episode coming out soon that will also cover what this project is going to be about.

If you have any further questions then please feel free to post on here and I will do my best to answer any questions you all have!

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just want to point out there is an upfront cost to this of £150 which is refundable after the trial. Also there are likely to be some surveys with minor remuneration in return for participating. This hasn't deterred me, I have registered, first installs are likely to be January.

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
9,746 Posts
So, more accurately it's a 'free' charger mostly funded by the OLEV grant?

What is the £150 up front cost for?

Genuine question, I've just read the terms and conditions, and I'm not sure what you're getting over and above a standard OLEV install for taking part?

I guess you get your £150 back at the end, which is what you'd pay over an OLEV install for a Rolec or similar?

·
Electric Leaf Man
1,641 Posts
You get a smart charger installed and a few questionnaires to do over the term which you get £10-£20 for I think. Other than that it's no real benefit to the user over the freebie Nissan etc give you.

·
Super Moderator
Using public transportation
12,583 Posts
Other than that it's no real benefit to the user over the freebie Nissan etc give you.
Nissan give away home chargers for free? When did that happen?

Theres always been the OLEV grant but that no longer covers the entire cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.