Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone

Pleased to see a forum to bring together EV drivers (no matter what brand of car you drive) I live out in the countryside north of Cambridge, have been a pure EV owner for almost a year now, and 4 years before that a hybrid driver. Loving my Leaf, actually find the range calculations I have to do quite enjoyable (yes I know thats a little perverse). Car is charged overnight using Economy 7 but its more than paid for by PV generation during the day so its effectively free driving. Most of my journeys are either very short or real range pushers, regularly drive down to heathrow so charging infrastructure is a subject close to my heart.

I am trying to get more EV drivers to use the #ukcharge tag to report good or bad charging points, it really helps to get live status updates from actual users (rather than rely on the auotmated maps which rarely seem to be accurate) Paul has been doing a stirling job but if anyone else wants to chip in and tweet the status we would love to hear from you

Best Wishes

Jon

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi Jon,

Great to see you on the forum :)

Please promote the #ukcharge twitter tag here as much as you like :)

Like you, I have used it a number of times and I think that if we could get all EV drivers that are online posting to that tag whever they charge it will give us some very useful feedback on availability and use.

I would encourage all EV drivers to get online, get a twitter account (it takes just a couple of minutes) and to Tweet to #ukcharge everytime you charge with details of success or otherwise. I know that many EV drivers don't charge away from home much, if at all, but when you do tweet it to #ukcharge and let everyone know that charge station is working or not :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
HI Everyone

Pleased to see a forum to bring together EV drivers (no matter what brand of car you drive) I live out in the countryside north of Cambridge, have been a pure EV owner for almost a year now, and 4 years before that a hybrid driver. Loving my Leaf, actually find the range calculations I have to do quite enjoyable (yes I know thats a little perverse). Car is charged overnight using Economy 7 but its more than paid for by PV generation during the day so its effectively free driving. Most of my journeys are either very short or real range pushers, regularly drive down to heathrow so charging infrastructure is a subject close to my heart.

I am trying to get more EV drivers to use the #ukcharge tag to report good or bad charging points, it really helps to get live status updates from actual users (rather than rely on the auotmated maps which rarely seem to be accurate) Paul has been doing a stirling job but if anyone else wants to chip in and tweet the status we would love to hear from you

Best Wishes

Jon
Hi Jon,
I'm only 2 years late in seeing his post!
I was just wondering where a bouts you are based? I live in Soham, so seeing as you say you are north of Cambridge I guess we are not that far from one another. Am I right in thinking that you have got yourself a Model S?
It would be great if we can go ahead and organise an EV meet up in August, that would be a first for me since I moved to the area last year...

All the best

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alexander

Not far away at all, I am Swavesey, just off the A14 at the Cambridge Services.

My Model S is being delivered on the 23rd of this month, counting down the days as we speak :_)

Yep happy to meet up with everyone did we fix a date and place ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts