Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Our special guest is Malcolm Burgess who's responsible for "Structural Concepts and Vehicle Dynamics" at Tesla. Mal was originally from Frome and is on a private visit to the UK. His talk will undoubtedly provide some real insight into the design of the Model S and Teslas future low cost EVs.

Please do join us... it's not every day that you get access to a brit working at the top of the most progressive engineering company in the world :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Looking forward to it :)

Looks like it will be a great opportunity to not only hear from Malcolm Burgess of Tesla (can't wait) but also anyone who wants to see and compare many of the most popular EVs and PHEVs side by side.

Why not come along :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Come on everyone in the Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas... this has to be worth the trip to meet a real, live Tesla engineer.

If you don't have an EV this is also a good chance to see some EVs, talk to EV drivers and even have a drive in one.

I'll be there in my Ampera and everyone is welcome.

Why not stop and have a chat about what we are doing at Plug in Britain.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Come on everyone in the Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas... this has to be worth the trip to meet a real, live Tesla engineer.

If you don't have an EV this is also a good chance to see some EVs, talk to EV drivers and even have a drive in one.

I'll be there in my Ampera and everyone is welcome.

Why not stop and have a chat about what we are doing at Plug in Britain.
Gutted I can't be there. Don't feel too sorry for me, I'm skippering on a sailing regatta down in the solent. Zero carbon eco-transport at its best :p

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Still hoping he'll be back, he just seemed really wound up by the Tesla charge mod thread and all the scrutiny and (often repeat) questioning the mod and such were coming under. We just have lots of questions

·
Super Moderator
7,534 Posts
Still hoping he'll be back, he just seemed really wound up by the Tesla charge mod thread and all the scrutiny and (often repeat) questioning the mod and such were coming under. We just have lots of questions
Yeah I hope he comes back too, he is a good reminder of how flawed the short range cars of today are, and I always take it as "come on guys, demand better!" but sadly some take it as "I'm better than you"

The whole "your hack broke our rapid chargers, and you shouldn't even be using them!" smacks of petty jealousy :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
We're hosting an electric car show and tell with a guest speaker from Tesla's development facility in California.

Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, ZOE, Leaf, electric bikes, and even the towns electric truck will be on display.

http://www.cheeseandgrain.com
Can anyone confirm that this event is still on? Nothing on the Cheese & Grain web site? Personally I'm torn between this and Formula E testing at Donington!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yes @drivelectric it is still definitely on.

I will be there with my Ampera for people to see.

I'm aiming to be there at about 5.30.

If you do go - see you there :)

I am going to the August FormulaE test BTW.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes @drivelectric it is still definitely on.

I will be there with my Ampera for people to see.

I'm aiming to be there at about 5.30.

If you do go - see you there :)

I am going to the August FormulaE test BTW.
OK - sorted. I'll be at Frome tomorrow and Donington Park next Wednesday. The August date would have been good but 'er indoors has booked The Commitments. No sense of priorities!

·
887 Posts
Hope to be going, work permitting.
So far as I'm aware Frome has but a single public charge point (one planned at the station, don't know if installed). Hopefully hosting the event will encourage the council to put in a couple at the car park!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Great to meet so many people at this event last night especially as the weather was soggy!

This shows how important local events like this one really are. Frome is hardly a large city... more like a small town... yet we had many people turn up to the event last night interested in talking to EV drivers and finding out the facts instead of trusting the information in the media which we all know is often either just plain wrong or highly misleading.

IMO we need more local events like this. If anyone has a group, a transition group, a club or just a bunch of people that are interested in seeing EVs, talking to real owners and finding out the facts let me know and I will do what I can to organise something.

Sometimes local events may not seem so important but they can send out the most important message - local people are already doing this... so can you...

:)

·
887 Posts
Nice to see lots of other Ev-ers too, despite the weather and world cup match on at the same time- and encouraging that the town council look like they're putting in some charging too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts