Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Tickets booked as the wife and I are keen EVers and we're also Patreon supporters of the YouTube channel. Apparently every EV on sale in the UK will be present! Looking forward to it (y)

·
Registered
11,021 Posts
Robert Llewellyn hits the big time...

But shouldn't SpeakEV have a stall...?
Or maybe a SpeakEV panel? We can all vote for who will be on it, topics to include:
  • Everything that’s not right with the Electric Highway
  • Why the New Leaf is terrible
  • What to do when your are ICE’d - offensive techniques
  • How should you deal with a burglar in your home
  • Where have all the good PCP deals gone?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I hope they'll be enough destination chargers on site...:rolleyes:

Also I imagine every rapid within 50 miles will be queued up..:oops:
Limited charging according to the faqs. A route through Milton Keynes on the way there?
Doesn't sound like Silverstone has the grid connections to cope with everyone charging. It also says there will be limited test drives on the day, and charging capabilities are cited for that as well.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
116 miles there and back for me. I'd say one full charge and one en route charge on the Ioniq would do it as you could probably do it on a single charge, but you'd be turtling and really be into squeaky bum time for the last 10-15 miles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tickets purchased and really looking forward to it - might make the round trip in my 30kWh Leaf - or a quick splash and dash when almost home.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Don't worry, I won't use up one of the charging stations - I'll leave them free for pure BEVs :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
How much is it? The buy ticket thing doesn't let you even see prices until you sign up and create a log in.

Wouldn't take an EV there at all. You'd be delayed massively with the clogged up charging network.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
£20/head for concessions (including students), under 15s go free. £17.50 for Patreon subscribers (y)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wouldn't take an EV there at all. You'd be delayed massively with the clogged up charging network.
I'm coming in the BEV. My route comes through Milton Keynes and I'll need to charge there - I'll be impressed if that gets clogged up! If there's any place equipped to cope with a surge of charging it's MK. I wonder if that was a factor in their decision to locate it at Silverstone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope there'll be enough destination chargers on site...:rolleyes:

Also I imagine every rapid within 50 miles will be queued up..:oops:
360 mile round trip for me from north yorks. Would love to attend but my 30 leaf will need 2 rapids and M1 EH is very sketchy. Could be queuing for hours behind them new 40's.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'm coming in the BEV. My route comes through Milton Keynes and I'll need to charge there
It's the same for us. I'm thinking of leaving early and charging on the way so it's quieter, unless everyone else has the same idea.

We don't have another option now, the diesel went on Autotrader yesterday afternoon and someones coming to look at it tomorrow. :eek:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It didn't say that on the order page, only over 65s. Damn! :mad:
To be fair, I didn't see it on the order page either, but Robert Llewellyn mentioned it in their latest YouTube video I think? @Jonny Smith can you help?
I've dropped the crew a tweet to try and clarify this - I'll let you know if I get a reply.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts