Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Travelled up today and overnighting. For anybody who needs a rapid the A40 BP Garage (charge point genie) is working fine as is the 2 EH rapids at Bicester Cherwell Valley M40.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Travelling down from Warwickshire on Saturday after an overnight at my folks. Not bringing the ZOE though, left that with the Mrs, she's got loads of short journey town stuff to do this weekend and wanted to do that EV.

It's going to be a fun event though I think.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
On our way over from Warwickshire in an hour or so! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Enjoyed that. Didn’t come across any charger congestion in the morning if you ventured away from the service stations.

VERY busy at Silverstone though! Crazy turn out. Couldn’t move through the halls during some of the presentations.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Excellent show, really enjoyed it. Ended up following a grey Ampera home for about 20 minutes before we went our different ways at the M40 junction! They really needed more than one coffee van though...

·
Registered
598 Posts
That was me you were following home. Nice pass of the tractor, van and car - it's nice to have instant power available when needed unexpectedly.

The queue for the food was rather exceptional. I can only presume with it being the first show it would have been difficult to estimate demand.

Overall it was a really good show, I enjoyed having a hands on look at the iPace, and enjoyed the taxi ride in the Tesla Model X. There seems to be much more choice now in home storage solutions

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great show.

Had to be the largest concentration of EVs ever in one car park - including some rare species such as the Riversimple Rasa.

If you are going tomorrow my advice is arrive early (unless you want to be part of EV gridlock queuing to get into Silverstone) and take sandwiches (there was no where near enough catering facilities for the number of people that showed up today).

I had a 250 mile round trip from Kent so went in the ICE as I assumed it would be dicy having charge on the way in and on the way out. Stopped at Oxford services for refreshement breaks on the way there and back and each time both the Ecotricity chargers were free. Then had the ignominy have having to stop for petrol and waste five minutes waiting to pay for fuel...

Apparently Ecotricity had a team of engineers going round all the sites within a 60 mile radius to make sure all the pumps were on line which makes sense given they were the lead sponsor.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was there today, did a couple of Tesla Taxi runs in the morning. Was a very good turn out and I am glad it has been a huge success for the Fully Charged Team. I left quite early as had kids with me who were getting restless. I think if they do another one, I will go on my own so I can enjoy the talks. Hopefully it will not be to long before they add them to the youtube channel.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
A fantastic day and as already mentioned take food/drink with you crazy busy. Oh and AC is unavailable at Bicester Cherwell Valley Services. But for chademo/CCS both rapids working fine, but be warned 5 EVs waiting at one point on the way home. All were friendly though and only took what they needed and left.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great show.

Had to be the largest concentration of EVs ever in one car park - including some rare species such as the Riversimple Rasa.

If you are going tomorrow my advice is arrive early (unless you want to be part of EV gridlock queuing to get into Silverstone) and take sandwiches (there was no where near enough catering facilities for the number of people that showed up today).

I had a 250 mile round trip from Kent so went in the ICE as I assumed it would be dicy having charge on the way in and on the way out. Stopped at Oxford services for refreshement breaks on the way there and back and each time both the Ecotricity chargers were free. Then had the ignominy have having to stop for petrol and waste five minutes waiting to pay for fuel...

Apparently Ecotricity had a team of engineers going round all the sites within a 60 mile radius to make sure all the pumps were on line which makes sense given they were the lead sponsor.
Nice of them but I stuck with InstaVolt/Polar. Fantastic show actually saw another e-Up! 'in the wild' for the first time (although disappointed that the owner wasn't around to compare notes).

Wifey wanted to see the Peugeot Ion as she's looking for a second hand runabout and isn't keen on the Zoe but disappointingly it didn't make it to the show

They really should have moved the food to the mezzanine areas and hall 3 could have been laid out for the talks. Poor stall holders spent 50% of the time stuck while surrounded by people standing and watching/listening to Bobbie n co.

Talking to people like the National Grid and Pivot Power it is very obvious that they have the future under control and all the doom-mongering about running out of power is a total nonsense.

So many Telsas in one place I almost expected Musk to arrive via Falcon rocket, although there was a LOT of interest in the I-Pace.

All in all very successful especially given this is the first time they have held such an event.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Best part was the converted classics and the sheer number of EVs. It looked like every Ioniq in the country was there, and my decision not to go with baby poo yellow paint was vindicated, having seen it in the flesh.

My wife found the solar and storage stuff useful.

The food was atrocious. Terrible queuing system, ran out of sandwiches and the chicken stir fry I eventually settled on was a lot of pepper, half raw carrots and a tiny, solitary piece of chicken (in fairness it was the scrapings from the serving tray before a new batch was plonked in there).

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
We're on the way today, maybe it won't be so busy but we've brought some food just in case.

Topping up early at Newmarket so we can forget charging until we are on the way home, and it's EcoT on free vend as usual.
Hoping to get there early and not be too busy.

I'm wearing a t-shirt with a tiger on the front, but tattoo style, not full colour

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Would make a lot more sense if they did ALL of their rapids ALL of the time. If it's true then a very sad reflection if EH don't trust their own chargers to work.

Richard

41 - 60 of 78 Posts