Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sales for alternative furled cars are up again this month with pure EVs up by 246% on June last year.

Also Mitsubishi sales are up 200% compared to the same month last year. With no figures for individual models I can't confirm but I would put money on it being the Outlander PHEV contributing to most if those sales

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What are the 182 cars that are Pure Electric or Other Electric, but aren't eligible for the Plug-In Grant?

Has Renault had an astonishing month of Twizy sales? (I'm guessing not).

But look at those total numbers: 228291 new cars registered and only 661 of those were Pure Electric, that's only 0.0029% of the total...
I think we've still got a long way to go, and it makes you realise why some people (in Government and Local Councils) are questioning why they're spending so much money on chargers for so few users.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I work very closely with a Mitsubishi dealership and they say that the PHEV is on course to eclipse the massive success they had when they launched the L200 back in 2005 (The biggest European success for Mitsubishi according to them).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But look at those total numbers: 228291 new cars registered and only 661 of those were Pure Electric, that's only 0.0029% of the total...
But if you include all the Amperas and Outlanders etc that's 1.8% of the market and if is growing at an annual rate of 50%.

I agree is a small start but it is a start.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Outlander makes it into the top 10 cars sold in a month by the end of the year

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Amperas and Outlanders are in the "Other Plug in Electric" category. The hybrid categories are for plugless cars, like Prius, Insight, and the 3008/DS5 in the Diesel section.

Total plug ins in 0.36% - still solid growth. My exponential functions tell me 4% of sales by 2017.

·
Super Moderator
7,555 Posts
Amperas and Outlanders are in the "Other Plug in Electric" category. The hybrid categories are for plug less cars, like Prius, Insight, and the 3008/DS5 in the Diesel section.

Total plug ins in 0.36% - still solid growth. My exponential functions tell me 4% of sales by 2017.
I am sure that's true, 9,000 a month sounds good to me :D

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Be interesting to see a breakdown of those figures - both the Model S and the Outlander had their first customer registrations in June.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out that mitsubishi numbers do not included PHEV sales.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be interesting to see a breakdown of those figures - both the Model S and the Outlander had their first customer registrations in June.
Tesla did not have their own figures

1 - 9 of 9 Posts