Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking to order my i3 this week through work. Decided on everything but the colour! Does anyone have one in the "new" juraco beige? I've seen varying photos of it, but never one in person!

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
509 Posts
Not available in the configurator yet either. There's so few choices of colour it's a little disappointing. For a "quirky" car to only be available in shades of grey, blue, or red is a bit lame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metallic poo, what a term! But definitely agree, sometimes it looks smart, others a little naff!

It's strange, tusker cars are saying they can have one delivered late Feb in this colour, but nothing from BMW on it!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I may be going for an i3 on a salary sacrifice scheme and am planning on ordering Jucaro beige. The other colours do nothing for me, the dark blue is almost black, the grey and black are boring and the red is a bit too garish for me with the black and red combining. I would have got the blue until I found out about the Jucaro. There are almost no "real" photos of it so it seems not many people are ordering it.

Decent pics on this one for sale.

My favourite i3 colour is definitely the Protonic blue from the 94Ah cars. Would order that no question if they still offered it. In it's place this "beige" seems the most interesting option to me (bizarrely!)

If I do get the car I also think I'll get the silver roof line bit wrapped in gloss black, looks much better without it, not sure why they added it - presumably to separate the i3 from the i3s a bit more?

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
509 Posts
I am reminded of a Stranglers song ... oh and this ...
morris-marina-8-coupe-special.jpg

Yes I do agree about the other colours though.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lovely! That reminds me of the orange they used to do the i3 in also, it would be a hard choice between that and Protonic blue for my favourite i3 colour actually!
I think the Orange was dropped when Protonic Blue was introduced with the 94Ah... and then Protonic Blue was dropped with the 120Ah. My current choice would be Melbourne Red.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm tempted by the juraco beige with the tinted windows....wonder if I'll regret that mind! Also agree, Shame the protonic blue has gone!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have the dark blue/black colour which I like but be aware that due to the shape of the i3, a lot of road dirt is thrown up onto the back of the car - door and window. It is quite noticeable on my car so other colour combinations may be better.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the dark blue/black colour which I like but be aware that due to the shape of the i3, a lot of road dirt is thrown up onto the back of the car - door and window. It is quite noticeable on my car so other colour combinations may be better.
I don't think it matters which colour you choose, the majority of the back is black and glass. I'm sure mine shows the dirt just as much.

·
Premium Member
4,110 Posts
I always thought the i3 looked good in plain old white.

Sort of like a Storm Troopers helmet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've just bought one in this colour. I love it. We have the suite leather interior (also brown) so works really well together.

Only thing i'd like to change though is the wheels - the shiny silver wheels (428 style) would be better gloss back - would suit the car better (nothing on the body is shiny metal).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Rob,

I've gone for exactly the same, so very glad to hear this! How are you finding the car?

Expecting delivery in a fortnight, so I'll put a photo on!

Lewis

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They've suggested a two month lead time for me, but so far I can't say I've found them all that useful!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts