Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - just wanted to pop in and quickly introduce myself. Have been trying to find a more active forum than VWVortex for ~7 months now as it is quiet in that e-Golf forum.

Picked up my CPO 2016 e-Golf SE back in March for a song. It was just off a 3 year lease in which prior owner apparently pushed it to the limits as it had 58k miles on the clock - based on working days per year it works out to ~80 miles per day. Mind you this is a '16 with its meager 83 mile range.

I will say it has been a fantastic car. Battery degradation has not been as bad as I was anticipating, full charge when I bought the car was only indicating 63 miles on guess-o-meter but I think that was more probably due to test driving and probably prior owner habits. Per latest MFI readings before charge I could have theoretically gone 75 miles (57 miles driven, 18 miles range remaining). My long term running average since purchase is 4.2/KWH (~4,000 miles) - I go back and forth between driving modes depending on conditions.

I will say my one complaint on this car is I wish VW would have given the option to set your default eco mode and regenerative braking mode. My sweet starting spot would be Eco and D3 - in the mean time I just have it added to my startup list after buckling my seatbelt.

Sorry for long post - just wanted to say hello!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I completely forgot to mention one of the biggest things I have noticed of this car because of the low slung batteries. This thing handles and feels much more balanced tossing around curves than any of my prior VW's ('03 Golf TDI, '06 Jetta 2.5, '15 Jetta 2.0 and the '11 Sportwagen). Does not feel so nose heavy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Don't just stay on the VW pages there is a lot of other information and entertainment on here.
There is also a very good explanation of charging and charge costs on Matt Cleevely's site:-

I have no association other than as a possible future customer.
I hope you will enjoy your ev experience as much as I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts