Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say a quick hello and thanks for so quickly having a forum dedicated to the Ampera. Unfortunately the Ampera (and the Volt) for that matter will be out of my range until such times as depreciation sets in. Hopefully after 12 months have passed us poor folk will get a bit of a look in if the depreciation values of the Leaf for example are followed.

Until then I will be keeping a careful eye on the forums and watching as you brave folk sort out the complexities and problems of Ampera ownership. By the time I get to buy one I will have hopefully gleaned enough information to make the better half think I actually know what I am talking about.

John

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think that given the launch price there are going to be a lot of people looking out for second hand cars in a year or two. I think that as time goes on so the desirability of secondhand Amperas will increase as their price falls but the amount they save the owner remains pretty much the same.

I anticipate that residuals will fall off sharply in the first few years and then fall much more slowly after a few years with residuals being above normal ICEs after just a few years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts