Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

461 - 480 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #461 (Edited)
Afraid there wont be any more updates from me on the fault as I no longer have the car and wont be getting it back.

Hopefully Hyundai will come back to the thread and update if they have found out what the issue is and if they have managed to resolve it.

I cant really give any more information other than to say Hyundai are lending me one of their fleet Konas to drive for a while till a final resolution is finalised. But anymore than that I cannot discuss

If we can leave this as the last post on the thread unless Hyundai reply it would be great as readers can see where it stops. Cheers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Afraid there wont be any more updates from me on the fault as I no longer have the car and wont be getting it back.

Hopefully Hyundai will come back to the thread and update if they have found out what the issue is and if they have managed to resolve it.

I cant really give any more information other than to say Hyundai are lending me one of their fleet Konas to drive for a while till a final resolution is finalised. But anymore than that I cannot discuss

If we can leave this as the last post on the thread unless Hyundai reply it would be great as readers can see where it stops. Cheers.
In the belief that you may be in a difficult situation which ultimately forces you to abandon Hyundai, I would just like to say thank you for your many helpful and interesting comments on this Forum over the last two years.

I hope that when the dust has settled you will be free to make unrelated comments, even if in a different Vehicle Specific Section.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I hope that Hyundai will update us on the issue. I wonder if some of the software triggering the cooling was corrupted when the system was updated?? I'll check back to see if they will leave comments on it.. Would be interesting to know..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maingau card delivered and set up chance to charge on an Ionity rapid and how fast does it charge 32KW ambient temp 20 c very disappointed
Snap.

we have exactly the same issue. I have two questions, have you had the BMS update, and have you tried charging on a normal rapid charger? We are getting slow charges on rapids as well which we have the dealership investigating...

21116655-DBB6-41C4-B7C9-964B31AD1186.jpeg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Snap.

we have exactly the same issue. I have two questions, have you had the BMS update, and have you tried charging on a normal rapid charger? We are getting slow charges on rapids as well which we have the dealership investigating...

View attachment 133401
One 50 kw rapid now and getting 42kw

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
Maingau card delivered and set up chance to charge on an Ionity rapid and how fast does it charge 32KW ambient temp 20 c very disappointed
Thats not good, thats the same results we were getting, even if the battery was not at 25c yet it should have charged at 53kw and ramped up to 76kw when the battery hit 25c.

We were seeing the same, pre fix with the ionitys just bumbling along at 32kw

The new update seems to have messed up 50Kw Polar ultrachargers in particular,, they start at 45kw and after 8 or 9 mins throttle down to 38kw where they stay. Tried it in 3 different post update Konas now and same results in all of them. Does not seem to be as bad on any other units just the Polar Ultrachargers (Post Box Shaped things)

Reactions: Ian McVey

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
There you go 150 KW versus 50kw which is quicker?
I lay you odds that is the same issue we had, it went away when the update was reapplied that finally removed the AuxBatterSaver option in the menu.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I lay you odds that is the same issue we had, it went away when the update was reapplied that finally removed the AuxBatterSaver option in the menu.
We lost the aux battery menu item, dealership checked the versions and said all was good, escalated to tech support, they didn’t attempt to reapply, now it’s the waiting game as the workshop manager is on holiday for two weeks...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Snap.

View attachment 133401
At least you know its not just you

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
We had the BMS update about a month ago on our 19 plate Kona and meanwhile charger just fine on Instavolt chargers (straight up to about 47kW or so then stayed there). Random results like the above almost certainly means the BMS update needs applying again and they need to pay very careful attention to the steps involved as it looks like there's a "erase stored settings/logs" step which is being missed out and is causing a calibration/calculation error.

Reactions: Billyboy

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
We had the BMS update about a month ago on our 19 plate Kona and meanwhile charger just fine on Instavolt chargers (straight up to about 47kW or so then stayed there). Random results like the above almost certainly means the BMS update needs applying again and they need to pay very careful attention to the steps involved as it looks like there's a "erase stored settings/logs" step which is being missed out and is causing a calibration/calculation error.

Would be interesting to see your results if you ever try one of the Polar 50Kw Ultrachargers. (The Pillar Box Sized units).

Before the update they all charged reliably at 47 to 49kw. Since the update (i have tried 3 updated Konas now).
They start at 45kw and rise to 46kw but after 9 or 10mins they drop off at about 1kw every 30secs till they get down to 38kw and then stay there for the rest of the charge. (Its added 30+mins to a 10-80% Charge on these units). and even with all the updates correctly applied they are still like this.

Have not seen this behaviour on any other network or any other type of charger but something in the update had crippled them on these Polar 5okw ultrachargers

Reactions: Richard Gledhill

·
Registered
62 Posts
I forwarded that on to our dealership, thanks...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Would be interesting to see your results if you ever try one of the Polar 50Kw Ultrachargers. (The Pillar Box Sized units).

Before the update they all charged reliably at 47 to 49kw. Since the update (i have tried 3 updated Konas now).
They start at 45kw and rise to 46kw but after 9 or 10mins they drop off at about 1kw every 30secs till they get down to 38kw and then stay there for the rest of the charge. (Its added 30+mins to a 10-80% Charge on these units). and even with all the updates correctly applied they are still like this.

Have not seen this behaviour on any other network or any other type of charger but something in the update had crippled them on these Polar 5okw ultrachargers
Balls up springs to mind! We did get all our charge data set back to zero, wonder if that’s the same log...

461 - 480 of 570 Posts