Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Administrator
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Personally I was looking at those 200-250 mile holiday trips.

It’s been really interesting reading all this feedback though. Although more rare, the Q doesn’t seem to offer quite as much as the headline figures suggest.

·
Registered
344 Posts
But yes, the R90 was painful on a road trip. :)
You mean slower? There no 'pain' being sat still longer unless you have something wrong with your butt. :p

How much longer does 1,000 miles take adding all those extra 10 minutes up? An hour, two hours? How much is that hour or two worth in monetary terms? If the R vs. Q debate and there was a large saving involved, then surely over the life time of the vehicle (or at least owning it for some time) it may work out at a very low cost, but for those 1,000 mile trips unless you are doing them all of the time, then you are going to be spending £50, 100, 150 per hour?

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
You mean slower? There no 'pain' being sat still longer unless you have something wrong with your butt. :p
It was January and there was a storm. So I had to stop often as the range was low. All those 20 minutes really start to add up when you drive all day.

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Personally I was looking at those 200-250 mile holiday trips.
That’s not a road trip, that’s an easy day out. ;)

So in that scenario you would only need one charge in the middle. Time that with a long lunch break and your set.

But no, don’t get any Zoe if you want to drive to the South of France.

(I know we have some members who do this sort of road trip every year).

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,617 Posts
The other pain with the Zoe is that you can't run the heating/cooling and radio etc while it's sat on a charger easily. The Leaf you can. That's one of the reasons I went Leaf after having an R90 Zoe for a year or so.

The Leaf 40 is no faster than the ZE40 when it comes down to it as the ZE40 is wayyyyy more efficient. Winter in the Leaf is scratching 100 miles and the Zoe is hard to get down below 130. Summer and the Zoe is easily 180. Leaf is closer to 140. Leaf 40 charging isn't that much faster as it doesn't do 40+kw a lot. It's usually down to 35 or so quite quickly and is straight down to 24 or so once it's hit 60%. Then it starts dipping below 20 so a flat charging R Zoe can be faster at higher SOC...

The 180 - 200 mile days are the longest I ended up doing and that's generally an hours charge at lunchtime in the ZE40. I'd have plenty left when I got home though as I didn't like running closer than 20-25% battery remaining.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,865 Posts
The other pain with the Zoe is that you can't run the heating/cooling and radio etc while it's sat on a charger easily. The Leaf you can. That's one of the reasons I went Leaf after having an R90 Zoe for a year or so.

The Leaf 40 is no faster than the ZE40 when it comes down to it as the ZE40 is wayyyyy more efficient. Winter in the Leaf is scratching 100 miles and the Zoe is hard to get down below 130. Summer and the Zoe is easily 180. Leaf is closer to 140. Leaf 40 charging isn't that much faster as it doesn't do 40+kw a lot. It's usually down to 35 or so quite quickly and is straight down to 24 or so once it's hit 60%. Then it starts dipping below 20 so a flat charging R Zoe can be faster at higher SOC...

The 180 - 200 mile days are the longest I ended up doing and that's generally an hours charge at lunchtime in the ZE40. I'd have plenty left when I got home though as I didn't like running closer than 20-25% battery remaining.
Don’t be too hard on the Leaf when comparing it’s efficiency with the Zoe. Although both are called 40, the former only has 36kWh usable, whereas the latter has 41.

Reactions: Paul and booms

·
Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
I’ve just learned one of the headlights also doesn’t work... assuming it’s just a bulb, but still!
If the design is anything like the Cleo then changing it is a nightmare, we used to get Halfords to do ours because it was such a pain. We often had two or three members of staff round the car trying to do something that should take seconds....

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,617 Posts
If it's a normal headlight then it's potentially unroadworthy too. What a shower!

LED bulbs aren't lawful for road use. Brighter halogens would be though. The Zoe headlights are I think the worst I've ever had on any car.

One side is easy to change but the other is snagged by the water bottle so it isn't so easy.

·
Administrator
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Apparently it had just been serviced, although I also discovered the service log and user manual missing when I got it home, that I should have spotted before I left the garage!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Daren't look. But seriously, what is in the red bag (that I don't have)...
The little bag is an emergency kit from memory. Stuff like a warning triangle, basic first aid kit, hi-vis vest, foil blanket etc.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,865 Posts
Daren't look. But seriously, what is in the red bag (that I don't have)...
Never had a proper look in mine, but isn’t it a warning triangle and high vis. Think you get fined in France if you don’t have it with you.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts