Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still find this a ridiculous concept, sticking tat over your minimalist interior to make some ‘common’ features more accessible? 😂
There is no regen settings on a Tesla. Plus the app allows you to use many more settings and really use your car like a pro which Elon would not allow.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me, it was controlling the regen and the ability to coast without having the foot on the accelerator and the need for tacc and its phantom braking.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't get too hung up on the buttons, which can be stuck anywhere or not. I personally cannot drive my car without using these buttons like reducing regen to coast and toggling between chill and sport based on the road conditions and speed limit. With a low regen, the chill mode is much more chill.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
With the 2.7.0 beta firmware, they have started exposing battery temperature, including degradation, power etc., in the dashboard. Saw the 0.8% battery degradation for my 2-month-old car, which is to be expected tbh but my wife got worried so had to give a lecture about how lithium degrades heavily at the start and at the end in the form of an s curve.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Basically the op bought the wrong car.
I don't think you understand the concept of programmable buttons that can do anything you want with an app that allows you to effortlessly change the functionality. Then the same app also offer a dashboard exposing car internals thus replacing scan my tesla app.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

This is an example for a feature that community could implement which Elon would never approve of. I have requested them to implement a basic adaptive cruise control that will just drive the car below a set speed without any fancy traffic or lane detection. I am more than happy to support this company that is improving the experience for all Tesla owners.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Interesting concept. How is the security implemented there was nothing under FAQ on their site?
Does it require phone with the app to be connected via Bluetooth (I saw in a video about opening trunk/charge port by half pressing door handles) to use them?
There is a obd dongle that needs to be attached. It could then be accessed over wifi and bluetooth and can be locked to just a single device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts