Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,016 Posts
Minimalist is a good spin on 'budget'. It was always Tesla's intent to keep interior costs down by pretty much keeping only what was legally mandated.
Whatever the intent, and whatever anybody thinks about it, personally I don’t think sticking buttons all over it adds to it. 👍

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,016 Posts
All the boring arguments aside, this is the crux of it for me. A) they enable some stuff that otherwise simply isn’t possible B) They pretty well fix some of the annoying stuff which Tesla’s approach, I’m pretty sure most would agree, made less than ideal in practice (key one for me is probably the glove box, but also wiper speed/delay, and a quick toggle for chill mode).

Whether or not they are tat is obviously subjective - they feel pretty okay to use (not brilliant), but as I can’t even see mine they certainly don’t look like tat, and don’t make any difference at all to how minimalist the interior is.
In all fairness, where you’ve placed yours is better than in the original post pictures, and of course you’re more than entitled to do what you want to your own car.

Personally, and there are no arguments from me, merely opinions, I won’t be getting them for our M3. Like most things Tesla, opinions can be divided apparently. 🙂

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,016 Posts
Says the person that came into this thread and posted this about OPs efforts.

Check yourself.
It was my personal opinion about the stupidly named buttons, absolutely at no point did I attack the OP for choosing to put them in his car.

Now, I suggest you get over whatever problem it is you have with me, or I’ll leave it to the moderators to take action.

Go away.

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,016 Posts
Very apt comparison. Many Tesla owners are advanced EV drivers and yet Elon tries to dumb things down by removing settings and hardware capabilities such as data ports etc.
How are the buttons powered by the way, is it button batteries (2032 etc) or?

I thought the downgrading of USB-C ports to power only rather than data was down to parts supply issues rather than a permanent thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts