Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
i3 120Ah->Kona 64kWh->e208->ID.3 Family->Model 3 60kWh LFP
4,185 Posts
They supposedly (though I’m yet to test) use some sort of sticker which means they can be more easily removed and re-stuck eleswhere - so that made me more willing to give them a go. I’d have been much more reluctant if it was 3M hi-bond like stuff that was tough to remove!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I don’t remember personal attacks being ok either, but carry on.

It’s a public forum, for sharing opinions. Sorry mine hurt you somehow.
Says the person that came into this thread and posted this about OPs efforts.

Check yourself.

I still find this a ridiculous concept, sticking tat over your minimalist interior to make some ‘common’ features more accessible? 😂

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
Says the person that came into this thread and posted this about OPs efforts.

Check yourself.
It was my personal opinion about the stupidly named buttons, absolutely at no point did I attack the OP for choosing to put them in his car.

Now, I suggest you get over whatever problem it is you have with me, or I’ll leave it to the moderators to take action.

Go away.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
With the 2.7.0 beta firmware, they have started exposing battery temperature, including degradation, power etc., in the dashboard. Saw the 0.8% battery degradation for my 2-month-old car, which is to be expected tbh but my wife got worried so had to give a lecture about how lithium degrades heavily at the start and at the end in the form of an s curve.

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
Very apt comparison. Many Tesla owners are advanced EV drivers and yet Elon tries to dumb things down by removing settings and hardware capabilities such as data ports etc.
How are the buttons powered by the way, is it button batteries (2032 etc) or?

I thought the downgrading of USB-C ports to power only rather than data was down to parts supply issues rather than a permanent thing?

·
Registered
229 Posts
If I owned a Tesla, I would add these buttons for sure. Buttons are good.

I would actually put them on the ceiling. If you're going to do a custom job, may as well do it right.

Yeah, it might spoil the panoramic view for the rear passengers, but they'll also get to see me operate the car like I'm a fighter pilot engaging in a recon mission gone bad, making all sorts of fancy moves to deal with those F-16 bogeys on my tail.

YMMV

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Basically the op bought the wrong car.
I don't think you understand the concept of programmable buttons that can do anything you want with an app that allows you to effortlessly change the functionality. Then the same app also offer a dashboard exposing car internals thus replacing scan my tesla app.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Interesting concept. How is the security implemented there was nothing under FAQ on their site?
Does it require phone with the app to be connected via Bluetooth (I saw in a video about opening trunk/charge port by half pressing door handles) to use them?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Of course Tesla could have built the thing properly in the first place, with a drivers info screeen (speed etc) and some buttons to do the major functions.....

And yet they still insist on not.... crazy....

Glad buttons work though.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

This is an example for a feature that community could implement which Elon would never approve of. I have requested them to implement a basic adaptive cruise control that will just drive the car below a set speed without any fancy traffic or lane detection. I am more than happy to support this company that is improving the experience for all Tesla owners.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Interesting concept. How is the security implemented there was nothing under FAQ on their site?
Does it require phone with the app to be connected via Bluetooth (I saw in a video about opening trunk/charge port by half pressing door handles) to use them?
There is a obd dongle that needs to be attached. It could then be accessed over wifi and bluetooth and can be locked to just a single device.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts