Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quick continuation from my yesterdays 'hello' thread.
Collected the e-golf today.
Pics attached.
All seems ok.
Battery was fully charged so not had a chance yet to connect to my home charger, but will do at some point this week.
Hopefully all goes well in my EV journey.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,381 Posts
Congrats! Safe driving!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Safe driving!

Thanks Todor.
I'm looking forward to using the car as much as possible.
Hopefully i can also attend some EV events this year ... would you recommend any? I've heard there will be an EV's in the Park event in Coventry this summer - will try and attend if possible.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks Todor.
I'm looking forward to using the car as much as possible.
Hopefully i can also attend some EV events this year ... would you recommend any? I've heard there will be an EV's in the Park event in Coventry this summer - will try and attend if possible.
hmm ... we are planning to visit my sister in Coventry (well Kenilworth to be more exact) this summer .. first time driving a left hand drive car in a left hand drive road :D should be a nice challange ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a thread about an electrical error in the E Golf forum.

Mine also died at 10 days old with the same. Must be a bad batch of parts floating around... Unfortunate, but these things happen.
Hi.
Sorry to hear ... i've had mine since monday 10th Feb, and on 4 occasions so far the EPC light comes on when starting the car ... is this the same issue as yours? The car has driven fine other than this.

Another thing i've noticed is that although i have the heat pump option the range is still affected when using the heaters ... 1-3 miles lost when rear window heater activated ... 10-15 miles lost when 'auto' heating function activated ... and to my surprise ... 50+ miles lost when 'max' button activated. With the recent poor weather i have had to use the heaters more regularly, but have found myself using 'auto' more than anything else. I only have the car connected to the charger as and when needed, so not really using pre-heat atm.

Another thing i have found to be a slight annoyance is the Ohme charger app not recognising my car thus not showing state of charge.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In my experience the EPC light comes on when I forget to depress the brake pedal prior to pressing the start button. Unfortunately using any heating elements will use range. If you keep MAx selected you will lose a lot of range. If you are able to turn off Max after a few minutes, the GOM will adjust and give back some tange.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi f1geek,

Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure to start the car without getting the EPC symbol showing up.

The heaters i will use as required.

One week in and i am quite happy so far with the car. Many friends and family have commented on the german build quality (all my previous cars have been Toyota - which have been good quality as well as very reliable - and hopefully this continues in the same way). Comments about the ride and quietness have also been positive, with many eyebrows raised about my 1st home charge session costing me £1 for 100 miles gained (i have a cheap overnight rate which is handy).

Reactions: Woodulike
1 - 12 of 12 Posts