Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down the tip yesterday and there was a 14 plate Focus in front of me and as we went back and forth unloading our cars the Focus chap was clocking my lovely blue Leaf, but said nothing.
The tailgate was up and the little solar bit prominent and I was waiting to explain that that was all the car relied on to meet my mileage. Just to be silly.
Anyway we were both to busy to talk.
This morning walking the dog I passed a BMW with a rather large chrome tailpipe and am I right that they are just for show?
I would like the roof of my Leaf as a solar panel even if it was largely, just for show.
I think it would look impressive.

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
This morning walking the dog I passed a BMW with a rather large chrome tailpipe and am I right that they are just for show?
Yup. The factory chrome tips bolt on the end of the tail pipe.

On older BMWs with aftermarket fart cans, the large chrome tip is there to annoy people.

Typical BMW exhaust diagram. The tail pipe end pieces are numbers 12 and 13 in the diagram. The the end pieces are different because one of the outlets has butterfly valve. BMW use a tuned exhaust system. The tips might play a small part of the overall design but they really are just for appearance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
what is your best answer so far and is that sticker an accessory you offer?
I think it would make my lovely blue Leaf even more so.
It has ranged from a simple 'ofcourse, and I can power the house at night with the excess left in the battery' to the inlaws that belittled my choice of car when ordering. through to a more sympathetic 'No, it is just part of our branding' followed by a full explanation of how great the car is and why everyone should at least consider electric vehicles.

Unfortunately not, it was part of our vinyl wrap when we had the branding done, although I bet this on its own would cost less that £100 ish.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts