Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really is an awesome car, I now have more features than when I bought it!

Tried the calendar app, and it's looking good! Took a bit of faffing getting my Sony Z1 updated to the latest Android app, which you need for it to display calendars, but all seems to be working well!

Will see how the auto commute based traffic stuff works tomorrow no doubt.

·
1,550 Posts
It's so funny... I understood what the thread title meant... But couldn't shake the fact that a few years ago, it would have meant a six cylinder ICE!

Still waiting on 6.0 here...

·
Super Moderator
7,504 Posts
Unlocking your car with your phone is cool,we've all been there...!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one minor upgrade I'm hoping works is the remote app.

I have noticed the lag on connection since the last power saving update.. V6 now has an always connected mode. So far so good. Open the app, and now no "this may take a few minutes" messages!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine's just installed too, I've not had a chance to check it out yet but I like the new cleaner look of the speedo etc. on the smaller screen plus the calendar app. worked first time (I already had the updated android app on my phone). I'll see how the traffic adjustment in Nav works tonight when I drive through Liverpool in rush hour!

·
Likes talking about cars
789 Posts
So great that the car can update itself. I heard that v6.0 also had fixed the door handles so they respond quicker?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So great that the car can update itself. I heard that v6.0 also had fixed the door handles so they respond quicker?
That's what it said in the release notes, TBH not noticed.

The always connected option is working a treat though, as is the scheduled power save mode.

I had noticed the lag enabling the power saving before. Took maybe 20 seconds from getting in the car to being able to drive, now with scheduled power saving it's much better.

One thing I'd be interested in is those who don't have V6, is whether or not the new voice commands work. I think it's a Siri-esque system, which would explain why I got the music enhancements that came with the last release, before my car upgraded.

I don't have air suspension, which is where the rest of the functionality changes are, so can't comment on those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts