Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for beginners like me. We had our tethered PodPoint home charger fitted yesterday. The sort of thing I was worried about in advance. I thought about going with the more developmental OHME etc but for us non-Geeky mainstreamers I wanted the reassurance of a big name option.

We did the remote survey etc. The contractor came yesterday, did the whole "God, this is a tough job, not a half day, should have been a 3/4 day, maybe I can't do it today" thing. I begged, cajoled, sweet talked, mildly threatened and he agreed to do it. 3 hours later, all done, with no issues. We charged the car on Economy 7 overnight. Successfully. Really quite happy now. We've charged at home and on a public charger at a place we visit regularly. I still love my e-Niro and really glad we've done this.

Received my ChargeMap card today. No idea what I can do with it but I guess as many options in the glove compartment the better.
1596275889296.jpeg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Posting for beginners like me. We had our tethered PodPoint home charger fitted yesterday. The sort of thing I was worried about in advance. I thought about going with the more developmental OHME etc but for us non-Geeky mainstreamers I wanted the reassurance of a big name option.

We did the remote survey etc. The contractor came yesterday, did the whole "God, this is a tough job, not a half day, should have been a 3/4 day, maybe I can't do it today" thing. I begged, cajoled, sweet talked, mildly threatened and he agreed to do it. 3 hours later, all done, with no issues. We charged the car on Economy 7 overnight. Successfully. Really quite happy now. We've charged at home and on a public charger at a place we visit regularly. I still love my e-Niro and really glad we've done this.

Received my ChargeMap card today. No idea what I can do with it but I guess as many options in the glove compartment the better.
View attachment 133153
Glad you got sorted. I assume that's a tethered unit? My charger is being sent out so as soon as I get it I'll get an install date. Its a wallbox.
Really nice car BTW...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts