Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dammit!
....Chior!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Offering a ZS EV Excite for £22,495 until March ?.
The image is not the best, but it looks a lot like a Exclusive model to me ?.
Excuse me if I am wrong here members, but can I JUST about make out a set of roof rails on the car shown ?.
Roof rails only standard equipment on a Exclusive I think ?
If so, can’t see the disclaimer that should read :-
“Model shown is excluded from the offer price of £22,495, contact your nearest MG dealer for more details on other models”. Blah Blah Blah.
Or some sort of that small print legal jargon, to cover their arse.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was checking Autotrader last night and there appear to be plenty of Excites available for immediate delivery. I guess everyone went for the Exclusive. Has anyone here bought an Excite?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there are few happy members with the Excite models on the forum.
I had three test drives in Excite models and found them no different to my Exclusive model if I am being totally honest.
The biggest reason that pushed me towards the Exclusive was the “Sky Roof” really.
Yeah - If you do the man maths, then adding up the cost of the additional extras between the Exclusive and the Excite, for the £2,000 the Exclusive is a great deal for the extra money.
But if you have no need or requirement for the extras, then why pay for them ??.
I also considered the resale situation as well at the time of ordering.
I could be very much wrong here, but I think a lot of that original £2,000 out lay, should be protected when pitching both models side by side at the time of sale.
It’s that old “Horses For Course” thing again !.
Only time will tell I guess folks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had an email in my spam folder that claimed to be from MG, and that's where it stayed until I deleted it

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I had an email in my spam folder that claimed to be from MG, and that's where it stayed until I deleted it
Was it “Spam” ?.
Did you preview it before opening it ?.
Some software protection can send genuine e.mails directly to your “Spam” box in error ?.
I have had a few situations like this on my computer.
Preview the contents first, but be very wary of e.mails that have links attached and request you to “Click” on them.
I am sure you are fully aware of this already of course, sorry !.
Just trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE
70 Posts
I had an email in my spam folde that claimed to be from MG, aayed until I deleted it
Email is from MG, they want owners to tell Auto Express what they think of their new cars. "Do not hold back!" I think they have contacted only a few owners in case they are bombarded!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Email is from MG, they want owners to tell Auto Express what they think of their new cars. "Do not hold back!" I think they have contacted only a few owners in case they are bombarded!
Similar to the request we had to voice our opinions on the car, before we even received them before Christmas !.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the Pimlico Blue Excite and very happy with it. Not a fan of sun roofs - too hot in summer and looses some heat in winter though I believe its not too bad due to the sliding blind. Never had a reversing camera so no miss there. Cloth seats a must - cooler in summer and warmer in winter. So for me it was not worth the extra £2000, and I got it within six weeks as most seem to have opted for the Exclusive.

I got the MG email and started the survey with full intension of listing the minor annoyances (bongs etc). However the MG ZS EV was not listed as a model so could not complete the survey!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
However the MG ZS EV was not listed as a model so could not complete the survey!
Oh dear, another cock up !.
Dear me, does anybody know what the hell he or she is doing.
It is embarrassing - get to the naughty step right now !.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just completed the survey by putting my registration number in. Its a comprehensive survey and I did not hold back about the bongs and other annoyances!

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Just completed the survey by putting my registration number in. Its a comprehensive survey and I did not hold back about the bongs and other annoyances!
Well done @RicM
Did you remember to tell them about the “Black Screen Of Death” in the info unit ?.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have never had the “Black Screen Of Death” on my car Carty! For that reason I did not mention it in the survey. I never mentioned a lack of App either as I am not too concerned about having an App for a car.

Reactions: Carty and rogerdee
1 - 14 of 14 Posts