Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah you guys. Don't burst my bubble! I too am following prices and specs looking to get a used Model S in 2020. Similar budget too, hopefully a 15 reg 85. I drive an Outlander PHEV currently and want to go full electric, Does anyone have good things to say about an ageing Model S??

·
Registered
11,297 Posts
I had a P85D loaner from Tesla earlier this year.

All I can say is if someone swapped it with my current Tesla I wouldn’t complain.

But of course an Aston Martin will make you feel more special when you get a £5k bill for a new clutch. ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
And I had an 85 loaner on springs, so bad I took it back to Tesla and they swapped it for a newer car. If I had test driven it I certainly would not be in a Tesla now. Our 75D on air is night and day better from a ride and NVH perspective.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
At that price you could be into a Tesla CPO one or thereabouts, 70D or similar, which gives you a reasonable level of comfort and warranty. Privately you are getting towards 85D which is even quicker. but as we know they are all pretty much the same outside of battery and drivetrain options, e.g. interior.

Next gen seats for me were a must (so was 7 seats so was looking for a car for quite some time) 85D and coils not air, never had any issue with the ride.

Very happy with my car nearly 50k and bit of 2 years later. I am >20k out of warranty and to be honest have forgotten about it, however it is not the same for everyone. If it were stolen/written off would I replace it with another certainly, other than that currently I struggle to think of why i would replace it at all. So currently driving a 75K mile (ex lease) car which is approaching 4 years old in December.

Just had a look and if the aforementioned disaster happened might be tempted by this, with the knowledge that taking out GAP insurance would have for once paid off!

Arrange an appointment without SWMBO and drive it, if that leaves you with the same sense of must have one then try and arrange something!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Believe me, if it wasn’t for the foresight of taking out GAP insurance it would be way off the mark for me at this time as well!

Which is why the very specific circumstances of total loss were outlined in the what if. However, that is the point really I would have no issue buying another Model S in pretty much the same spec I have today, might not be so set on coils now as was originally.

Also why I am quite happy to get in it every morning on the drive to work, and secretly keep looking for big work journeys I can drive to, because I enjoy being in it!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts