Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , my name is Andy live in Sligo and I am now a EV owner (cannot even believe I am uttering those words at last ) - I picked up a Zoe 2013 today in really good condition and to say i am chuffed already with it is an understatement , smiling like a Cheshire cat at the moment.

Things i have to get used to at the moment compared to driving the wife's 2016 Renault clio 4 on bringing it home from the dealers.

Seem's heavier on the steering than the wife's car when diving. - hoping its not a fault with the EPS , shouldnt think so. maybe its just because different tyres/wheel to the wifes Clio.

The sun was shining as i was driving it home and the reflections off the dash on the inner windscreen were bad - maybe i could get some black carbon wrap and wrap the top of the dash and help cut it down - its an intense Zoé but the top of the dash is lighter that the lower half.

The brakes i will have to get used to - very responsive and sharp but i were hardly touching them on the way home just releasing the accelerator so I could put some regen power back to the battery.

For the past year I have been using DDT4all and an ELM327 obd2 CAN adaptor on the wife's Clio to enable some things the factory had disabled and disable some things, so I cannot wait to hook up the Zoe and see what can be enabled and disabled on the Zoe and check its battery SOH and that .

anything else I got to be aware of? - been googling to try and get myself up on the Zoe as much as possible

shame about the battery rental , but ah sure what can one do at least it makes the used market for Zoe's cheaper.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R40
7 Posts
Hi Andy, glad to see that ZOE community is worldwide (y) If this is not a secret data, how much you pay for your car?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome!
You're not the first person to mention the reflections.
Gently pressing the brake pedal will increase regen first before using friction braking (although it's friction braking only below about 10mph) - see the bottom area of the power guage.
Enjoy your new to you Zoe!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!
You're not the first person to mention the reflections.
Gently pressing the brake pedal will increase regen first before using friction braking (although it's friction braking only below about 10mph) - see the bottom area of the power guage.
Enjoy your new to you Zoe!
thank you - took it out for 26 mile drive today and for the first time ever used an on-street charger for the very first time! - i can see why some people get range anxiety - I was seeing that figure above the battery depleting very quickly especially when driving along at 60mph even with the eco switch on .. but got to and from destination OK but it certainly is a adrenaline rush .. reminds me once in my petrol car once when the red fuel light came on the dash once and started flashing and dashboard beeping and I couldnt find a petrol station open! - found one in the end , but that was the last time I think i panicked in a car .

Yes brakes feel better already , not so snatchy and fierce - steering still feels heavy , heavier than I expected to be .in DDT4ALLwhich I use a lot on renaults there is a plugin available called 'Zoe EPS reset' .. but i am too chicken to try it out just in case I loose EPS altogether , but I am itching to try it and see if it improves the steering.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked tyre pressure? 38 psi is about typical amoung Zoe owners.
thanks yep i put 40 in the front before I set out was around 38 mark but i thought I would put a bit more in for good measure - it almost like the steering sticks a bit whilst turning it as your driving along, not greatly but it feels like it. could really do with having a go in another Zoe of same year and see if they all feel like that ... maybe its the weight of the batteries or the motor on the front.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,964 Posts
Zoe had an unofficial recall where the beige dash top was replaced with the later model dark one. Makes a hell of a difference, although you'll still need a pair of polarising sun glasses, you'll wear then all the time. Night time is more of an issue, because you won't have the glasses on and the glare will return every time you go under a street lamp.

Did you manage to get the 2013 car with battery hire transformed to owned?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just on this, I recently amended my hire/mileage allowance, due to working from home and asked for a price to buy the battery out; was duly sent one through with the new battery hire agreement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My first 2013 Zoe had the light dash and even though I knew some had it swapped out I couldn't get anything out of Renault as it was outside of warranty, even trying to say it was a danger to drive at times just got nowhere, that was rather disappointing.
I ended up making a black cloth covering for it. Made so much of a difference. Lesson learnt so when I sold it and bought a 2015 Zoe it was a point to make sure it had the dark dash.

Pretty sure I am going to buy the battery out on mine this month. SOH 98-96% after 57k.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zoe had an unofficial recall where the beige dash top was replaced with the later model dark one. Makes a hell of a difference, although you'll still need a pair of polarising sun glasses, you'll wear then all the time. Night time is more of an issue, because you won't have the glasses on and the glare will return every time you go under a street lamp.

That's interesting about the unofficial recall - ours deffo be out of warranty with renault. think the only thing still in warranty with renault according to the myrenault website is the corrosion warranty until 2025 ... everything else is finished!

Still battery rental model. I havent signed the papers yet for rental but renault Ireland RCI said if i gave them the reg number he could look into how much if i wanted to buy the battery . I worked it out that since the car was bought already around 5,000euro has been paid on battery rental alone - possibly more!

My first 2013 Zoe had the light dash and even though I knew some had it swapped out I couldn't get anything out of Renault as it was outside of warranty, even trying to say it was a danger to drive at times just got nowhere, that was rather disappointing.
I ended up making a black cloth covering for it. Made so much of a difference. Lesson learnt so when I sold it and bought a 2015 Zoe it was a point to make sure it had the dark dash.
Pretty sure I am going to buy the battery out on mine this month. SOH 98-96% after 57k.
I have a tin of some Holts Dash and bumper trim paint satin black in my workshop ... so tempted to get a pain brush out to it LOL :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts