Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Newcomer to the forum, and the world of EV motoring. Last week I placed an order for an Audi E-Tron Sport in Floret Silver. The main reason was for the 0% BIK and various tax savings through my employer.
It's a 2yr deal, 7,500 miles for £348 a month. Can't argue with that when taking into account fuel savings, car tax, insurance, breakdown cover etc etc. I'm really looking forward to it.

I've made the switch to octopus energy, ordered a shell recharge card and just trying to sort out a home charger. Not sure there's anything else I need to consider?

Well, hello to everyone anyway, pleased to meet you all.

Glen.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I need to convince my employer to start offering company cars...an £80k car for £348 a month ?

My only suggestion besides what you've done already is to download the relevant charging apps, wouldn't bother with any RFID cards.

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to convince my employer to start offering company cars...an £80k car for £348 a month ?

My only suggestion besides what you've done already is to download the relevant charging apps, wouldn't bother with any RFID cards.

Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks for the welcome. To be honest, I wasn't really looking at changing my car, but I received an email (usually would have binned it) regarding Teslas and how they were great value on these work deals. That initially made me look, and when I checked out the E-Trons they were incredibly well priced. In fact, they were cheaper than some of the other EVs (nissans, kias etc etc). Now I've no idea why they are priced the way they are, but when I crunched the numbers it was a no brainer.

The model is the 50 Quattro, which has a reduced range compared to the original 55 Quattro yet still an RRP of £65k for the spec I decided on. The range worst case, heavy footed with heaters on I guess would be 130 ish (maybe a bit more), and even that is ok for me and my family. I think we made two trips last year which would have gone over it's range, so stopping off for a 50kw charge is a complete non issue, and the times we maybe go further a fileld we're going to use the train.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
815 Posts
I've also just ordered an E-Tron 50 Technik (Galaxy Blue), on a 2 year lease. Mine's 10k miles per year, and it's a personal lease. I also took advantage of Audi's offer of a free PodPoint installation, which saved me quite a bit of money to boot.

Absolutely made up. Can't wait to get my car next month.

Audi were really pushing the 50, but I think they've filled their allocation now. The deals seem to be drying up a bit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats! I would definitely recommend the Ohme wall charger as it works great on agile and makes the most of the cheaper electricity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've also just ordered an E-Tron 50 Technik (Galaxy Blue), on a 2 year lease. Mine's 10k miles per year, and it's a personal lease. I also took advantage of Audi's offer of a free PodPoint installation, which saved me quite a bit of money to boot.

Absolutely made up. Can't wait to get my car next month.

Audi were really pushing the 50, but I think they've filled their allocation now. The deals seem to be drying up a bit.
Good they are offering a free home charger. The company my employer uses also has a special offer, although it's with chargedev not podpoint. I think the smart+ model which I have gone for has the cheap tariff support so I may not need to buy the cable. I've also read on the e-tron forums, that the car itself can be set to charge between certain times which is good, so it could save you a bit of money. I'm mainly looking forward to have it turn on the heaters in a morning more than anything else ?

Let me know how your order goes, I'm really looking forward to it.

I debated for ages between the technik and the sport, but in the end I thought the sport was worth the £9 extra a month (to me) for the options.....mainly for wireless apple carplay.

There is a rumour that the matrix headlights is fitted to every model, and certain features can be unlocked for a payment to audi which may be something to think about. I wonder what else can be unlocked.

·
815 Posts
Let me know how your order goes, I'm really looking forward to it.

I debated for ages between the technik and the sport, but in the end I thought the sport was worth the £9 extra a month (to me) for the options.....mainly for wireless apple carplay.

There is a rumour that the matrix headlights is fitted to every model, and certain features can be unlocked for a payment to audi which may be something to think about. I wonder what else can be unlocked.
If you have your order number, you can track it by logging into the Audi website. Mine currently says "Panel Shop"

My car was already on order, so I didn't get any choice of trim level. Perfectly happy with Technik though, I doubt I'll miss what I've never had.

The factory fit lights are indeed software locked matrix lights and can be unlocked "on demand" - quite why you'd bother, I don't know. The standard LEDs should be very good, and the benefit of the blingy animated indicators is just to shout "look at me!" - pretty pointless really. I guess it depends how much it costs. If it's like £10-15 a month it might be worth a try. If it's like £1500 (which is what the factory option costs) then it looks very expensive indeed

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
The range worst case, heavy footed with heaters on I guess would be 130 ish (maybe a bit more)
It'll be interesting to see what you get. Most E-Tron owners struggle to get 2.5miles/kWh so you will likely find your practical range closer to 100 miles before looking for a charger. Even so, its an impressive car at that price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have your order number, you can track it by logging into the Audi website. Mine currently says "Panel Shop"

My car was already on order, so I didn't get any choice of trim level. Perfectly happy with Technik though, I doubt I'll miss what I've never had.

The factory fit lights are indeed software locked matrix lights and can be unlocked "on demand" - quite why you'd bother, I don't know. The standard LEDs should be very good, and the benefit of the blingy animated indicators is just to shout "look at me!" - pretty pointless really. I guess it depends how much it costs. If it's like £10-15 a month it might be worth a try. If it's like £1500 (which is what the factory option costs) then it looks very expensive indeed
could you help with me the order tracking please. Where do I need to be logging into?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure what to suggest other than trying a different web browser. When signed in, it should allow you to add your order number.
I managed to get there in the end. Your link had sessionexpired at the end, and even taking that out wouldn't work. Managed to find a link somewhere which took me to where I needed to be.

8*ww.audi.co.uk/account/login.html#/learnmore/landing/sessionexpired ?

·
815 Posts
Ha, I just copy/pasted it without checking it. I'll edit it now. Glad you got there in the end. Where's your car up to?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha, I just copy/pasted it without checking it. I'll edit it now. Glad you got there in the end. Where's your car up to?
My employer can only give me the order number from the company who ordered the car, not the one from Audi.

I'll assume my car is with yours, so let me know how we get on :ROFLMAO:(y)

Unsure how this coronavirus is going to play out, especially if the factories in Germany close.

·
815 Posts
I'll assume my car is with yours, so let me know how we get on :ROFLMAO:(y)

Unsure how this coronavirus is going to play out, especially if the factories in Germany close.
Mine now says "Quality Control" so hopefully it's all good.

The E-Tron is built in Brussels, which is closer to Manchester than it is to Berlin ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine now says "Quality Control" so hopefully it's all good.

The E-Tron is built in Brussels, which is closer to Manchester than it is to Berlin ?
Mines been in quality control for almost 3 weeks!, I’m anticipating that it will be stuck in the factory for a few weeks now that its in lockdown

·
815 Posts
Yeah, looks likely. Annoying, as I only jumped on this deal as it looked like I would get a car just as my Volvo went back. I guess global health crises have to take precedence. Not looking forward to being stuck workout a car though...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, looks likely. Annoying, as I only jumped on this deal as it looked like I would get a car just as my Volvo went back. I guess global health crises have to take precedence. Not looking forward to being stuck workout a car though...
On the other hand I’m not sure i want the commitment of new vehicles with the uncertainty!
i have another car on order too that was was due in June and looks like that will be closer to august now, I’m anticipating that the value of the two cars i will be selling will reduce massively as the demand for cars will drastically drop

i agree we need to worry about health but we also need make sensible financial decisions so at least my Etron being stuck at the factory will bide me some to make a better financial judgement

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was a little more .. base module at £619 pm. gross ( £359 net). Ordered Feb, but now told going up to £845 pm due to loss of £3500 grant .
sttange why the cost over 2 yrs should go up over £5000!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts