·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone unlikely to see their own until this current unpleasantness passes

·
Registered
102 Posts
Back in January, Germany's Auto Bild (their Auto Express) did a video on a "Zoe RS", but I think it's wishful thinking on their part.
Yes! that would be awesome something like that. That looks great.

the R135 should have been the base model and the GT line should have been like an R200 or something along those lines.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Apparently it charges quicker then a Tesla x15

Shame Jonny isn't there still as by his own admission, RL isn't a car reviewer and boy does it show!

·
Zoe Devotee
8,736 Posts
I'm looking forward to a 135 taking my MG on. I had a 110 "race" me just before lockdown..... interestingly he thought he could win. It was late and I hadn't noticed it was a Zoe until I was passing in eco and he put his foot down which apparently just slowed his rate of being overtaken a tiny bit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm looking forward to a 135 taking my MG on. I had a 110 "race" me just before lockdown..... interestingly he thought he could win. It was late and I hadn't noticed it was a Zoe until I was passing in eco and he put his foot down which apparently just slowed his rate of being overtaken a tiny bit.
He probably thought your MG was a diesel 😁

·
Zoe Devotee
8,736 Posts
He probably thought your MG was a diesel 😁
He'd be a fool then, MG don't make any diesels. ;)

But its a fair point, the MG just looks like any other car but certainly picks up its skirt well even in eco mode.

·
Registered
89 Posts
2 mins in and I think he hits the nail on the head. It should have been significantly faster in 2nd gen form.
Disagree, it is plenty quick enough for its purpose and for who is going to buy it, did grate me with his issue about it being called "Gt-Line", its a spec and nothing else, why get so hung up about it.

Anyway, apart from those 2 points, I thought it was a pretty good review.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Disagree, it is plenty quick enough for its purpose and for who is going to buy it, did grate me with his issue about it being called "Gt-Line", its a spec and nothing else, why get so hung up about it.

Anyway, apart from those 2 points, I thought it was a pretty good review.
I quite agree.

After driving one for the best part of two months, the power is more than adequate for daily use.

Much improved is the acceleration above 30 mph. It’s now great on motorways.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m certainly not a fan of RL’s, often hysterical libtard bleating.
When I watch it later, I may mute the sound for the comfort of my ears.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I also agreed with his point about "B Mode", after using our demonstrator for a couple of weeks, I didn't get the fuss with it, I haven't driven a Leaf so I can't compare but I was like "meh"!

Unfortunately I won't be driving if again for a good while as I elected to take a Captur to use over my enforced "no work" period, I've no way to charge a ZOE at home, not that I'd use it much but you never know and the current situation may go well beyond these initial 3 weeks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also agreed with his point about "B Mode", after using our demonstrator for a couple of weeks, I didn't get the fuss with it, I haven't driven a Leaf so I can't compare but I was like "meh"!

Unfortunately I won't be driving if again for a good while as I elected to take a Captur to use over my enforced "no work" period, I've no way to charge a ZOE at home, not that I'd use it much but you never know and the current situation may go well beyond these initial 3 weeks.
Out of all the cars I’d choose to have knowing I wouldn’t be allowed to drive it, the Captur would be very close to the top of the list 🤣

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not much a review but just a leisurely drive in the country to be honest. Robert does seem to drift off topic a couple of times. As mentioned above the GT is the spec, and not really performance related and as a city car (fiesta replacement) perfectly adequate. I took a 110 2019 model for a spin and even that was quick off the lights compared to my fiesta! I assume this one will be even better.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
466 Posts
Had a Captur hire car while my previous Zoe was in dock and the Captur ride and handling was much better than the Zoe in spite of the extra height and no low down battery mass. Only thing that let it down was the diesel engine which was much clankier than an electric motor.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Had a Captur hire car while my previous Zoe was in dock and the Captur ride and handling was much better than the Zoe in spite of the extra height and no low down battery mass. Only thing that let it down was the diesel engine which was much clankier than an electric motor.
I've not driven a Captur but I do like the look of them and if they made an electric version I'd be tempted. Daft name though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last year I had a Captur for rental, for a week, and performance-wise I found it superb (same engine I believe with Megane, A-Cass and Qashqai), albeit a bit of a boat when accelerating. 180-190km/h on the motorway was done reasonably well, no unacceptable vibrations, but very very noisy.

The only downside I found with it was the choice of interior materials. Both Clio and Captur (previous generations and current generations) their interior looks a bit cheaper than the same generation Zoe.

Renault's plans, as far as I understood from discussions, is to electrify the Twingo first (same car as Smart for-four). Later this year will be a Captur Diesel PHEV which will transition to electric at one point.

The thing is that I rented the Captur because of the combination of price, top-speed and range. Cheap to rent as a VW Polo, 200km/h top-speed and about 700km range; that's impressive. The Frankfurt to Berlin and back trip was done without fuss (albeit paying 160 eur for fuel, I thought there's a hole in the tank because it didn't get filled in 5 minutes most people quote). If Renault can achieve the same in electric form and at 20% price premium over diesel variant, these Capturs will fly off the shelf. This is what I'd expect from an electric SUV.

Anyways, one thing I don't agree with RL, same as others here, is the GT-Line bashing; he misunderstood it, it's just the top trim and we know it but he doesn't. However, one thing I fully fully agree with him is... you must want to run the new Zoe empty! It's nearly impossible in regular driving...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Everyone here who states they have driven a Captur, will have driven the previous generation the new generation is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous generation, particularly in the interior.

Yes there is going to be an electric Twingo, it was designed from the off to also be electric, the Smart car which uses the same platform is now electric only, we won't be getting the electric Twingo here in the UK.

Captur PHEV is coming; June was the date (even though the TV add gives the impression it is available now) however given what is going on the world currently, I should imagine it will now be delayed, it will be petrol, not diesel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts