Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's just a trim, but it's still slower than all the other 135hp evs (assume the same engine)

Also the 87mph limit can be a bummer for some.

Agree with a point above that the 135 should be the entry version and that the zoe deserved a production fast version. Be the first "hot hatch ev", like 2x 135 engines even if sacrificed some range.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I’m certainly not a fan of RL’s, often hysterical libtard bleating.
When I watch it later, I may mute the sound for the comfort of my ears.
Describing someone's opinions like that says far more about you than than anything else. At least we all know what type of person you are now and how seriously to take any of your comments.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Describing someone's opinions like that says far more about you than than anything else. At least we all know what type of person you are now and how seriously to take any of your comments.
🙄Going by your reply, clearly you’re an absolute stranger to irony.

Without opinions being voiced, often about others and the opinions they express, social media would be mainly blank pages.....

But thanks for taking the time to share your opinion of my opinion of RL’s opinions with us all🤣

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
He couldn’t see any difference between the interior of the old and new Zoe.
Seats are the same design, but with different material.

Binnacle and centre screen are totally different. Software is totally new

No handbrake lever (now electronic) and completely different centre console, gear shifter and cup holders. USB ports in the back.

Steering wheel is fatter and completely different design.

So not much changed then. :p

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Seats are the same design, but with different material.

Binnacle and centre screen are totally different. Software is totally new

No handbrake lever (now electronic) and completely different centre console, gear shifter and cup holders. USB ports in the back.

Steering wheel is fatter and completely different design.

So not much changed then. :p
Quite - He also described leasing as starting at “somewhere just over £300”, as the ticker rolled across the bottom of the screen showing the more accurate £200 a month.

He really needs another Johnny Smith to handle the road tests.
Objectively reviewing new cars for the benefit of consumers is actually quite a skill.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Quite - He also described leasing as starting at “somewhere just over £300”, as the ticker rolled across the bottom of the screen showing the more accurate £200 a month.

He really needs another Johnny Smith to handle the road tests.
Objectively reviewing new cars for the benefit of consumers is actually quite a skill.
It was £203 + VAT, and to be fair to RL, he did say various leasing companies are available, so I assume the production team subsequently found a cheaper one to put across the screen.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Doesn't the '+ VAT' usually mean that it's a business lease and not available to regular punters? I've not seen any below £300 on my searches, but they were more out of vague interest than because we're looking to buy.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Doesn't the '+ VAT' usually mean that it's a business lease and not available to regular punters? I've not seen any below £300 on my searches, but they were more out of vague interest than because we're looking to buy.
Businesses still pay the VAT, but they can claim half of it back.

Unless they are a taxi firm or similar, then they can claim all of it back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
The total amount in this example for this duration and mileage is the lowest and pretty much the same regardless of which dealer or leasing broker is offering it.
Been around this sort of figure since launch.
It includes VAT.

RCI (Renault Finance) are underwriting these deals. You’ll see different monthly payments because of differing annual mileage limits and number of months initial payment (3, 6 or 9 months)

This is why, in order to be clear, it’s wise for journalists to quote all of the facts. A monthly figure on its own isn’t enough information. An example showing the workings (Months up front, term, mileage limit, total cost over term) is usually included for context.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts