Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have three questions about this car.

1) The car has keyless start, the seller told me it had keyless entry too but they disabled it as it was opening the car every time they walked out. Presumably as they had the key in their pockets. However, Googling this and there doesn’t seem a way to disable it. I don’t really understand why they’d lie?

2) Adaptive cruise control isn’t working. Is this a factory option that’s enabled on all GTDs? Either the radar is knackered or it’s not been activated? It just says ACC disabled on the screen.

3) The car has app-connect on the menus, does this mean it can be coded to have Apple car play? Anyone know the prices for getting this done away from a dealer if it can be?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Hi guys,

I have three questions about this car.

1) The car has keyless start, the seller told me it had keyless entry too but they disabled it as it was opening the car every time they walked out. Presumably as they had the key in their pockets. However, Googling this and there doesn’t seem a way to disable it. I don’t really understand why they’d lie?

2) Adaptive cruise control isn’t working. Is this a factory option that’s enabled on all GTEs? Either the radar is knackered or it’s not been activated? It just says ACC disabled on the screen.

3) The car has app-connect on the menus, does this mean it can be coded to have Apple car play? Anyone know the prices for getting this done away from a dealer if it can be?

Thanks!
Do you mean a GTE or GTD?????

·
Registered
118 Posts
GTD. My bad
Well....first this is an EV forum, however before I've become EV driver I had a string of German Cars. What do you need (following your first post) is OBD Eleven. Have a look around the Net and Youtube. Plenty of info and I personally cannot recommend them enough. In your fingertips you will have everything you need for your VAG car. You can change, activate or deactivate almost every single function but PLEASE be careful. If you don't know what are you doing just ask. The best £60 quid I've spent on a car. Get the PRO version. Simply superb. 👍

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Sadly we cannot help you with dirty diesels here ;)

Press the I/O button next to the "RES/SET" buttons if ACC Disabled appears. You can turn it off, presumably to prevent you accidentally turning it on? But it confused me on my test drive, I thought the car maybe didn't have it as an option. But it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts