Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm delighted to say I just collected my leaf from south croydon and drove it 250 miles back to the wirral.

I have read on hear "Once a flex always a flex". Imagine my concern when I spotted a gen 2 for a very good price that had had it's flex lease removed. Seemed to good to be true as the price was that of a flex acenta.

I contacted Nissan and they confirmed that it had been released from the flex. Dealer stated it on the invoice.

So am I the first to buy such a car?

Anyway just thought I'd say hello

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm delighted to say I just collected my leaf from south croydon and drove it 250 miles back to the wirral.

I have read on hear "Once a flex always a flex". Imagine my concern when I spotted a gen 2 for a very good price that had had it's flex lease removed. Seemed to good to be true as the price was that of a flex acenta.

I contacted Nissan and they confirmed that it had been released from the flex. Dealer stated it on the invoice.

So am I the first to buy such a car?

Anyway just thought I'd say hello
Certainly that's what we've been repeatedly told: once a Flex, always a Flex.

That's an interesting change...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi Tony and as our telephone conversation last week, you are probably a first? As you state, we were all under the impression that once a Flex always a Flex..... but apparently not. I'd be interested to know how they achieved this? Well done and you got a fantastic deal for a Gen2 Acenta from a Nissan dealer. The price was eye watering..... I'll let you tell the community the price...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well that's something new.

How good is the deal if you don't mind me asking.

Maybe this will be common place when flex leafs are a few years old. Nissan will just release the Flex off the car, at the end of the day it would benefit them as well as any problems with the battery after 5 years it's not their problem.

Reactions: Paul

·
Super Moderator
12,029 Posts
Interesting. I too was told by my dealer "once a flex, always a flex"

Could it be that Nissan found it impossible to resell Flex cars and has quietly changed the rules.

Nissan use RCI for the battery lease finance. In effect they are the leasing company so maybe it isn't that hard to change the rules.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deal was june 2013 gen2 acenta 6.6 kw charger 7200 miles ......£11995 with all main dealer facilities 14 day car loan etc.

Just trying to get the first 3yrs service contract which I notice the previous owner paid for transferred to my name.

The dealership took the car in px and paid £12225 for it as a flex trade in ,price started at 13995, it sat on the forecourt for 3 month with maybe 5 inquiries a day "Is it a flex?" end of call. price was dropped and dropped. Loads of enquiries but as soon as flex was mentioned people lost interest.

Friday at about 11am MD manages to get flex removed and sends out an email saying as much, 11.30 I phone up , they say it's off flex so I put £500 down and we exchange contracts. 2pm another email to staff at garage Oh btw it cost £2000 to get the flex removed this will need to be reflected in the price. Oooops it's sold.

That afternoon the dealership received 50 + phone calls about the car, having removed the word flex from the autotrader advert.

Guess I just got lucky.

Do you think I'm pushing it with the service contract?

All the above is what was told to me by a third party...in his own words "You can tell when a car salesman is lying , He moves his lips"

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
You got yourself a genuine bargain there. Nice one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is no such thing as pushing it with a car dealership, that servicing is paid for so it's worth chasing for it to be transferred.

Good work it pays to be on the right place at the right time, glad to hear they got so many calls post flex removal the second hand ev market could be huge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a Quick update .

The car dealership I bought the car from have just received a bill for £5k from the finance company. Which makes sense given the difference in price between a flex and normal new price.

Car is brilliant, Wife is on here first commute 55miles to Manchester. Currently parked up in an NCP carpark on charge.

£25 per day in the landcruiser , LEAF maybe £1.50 for the home charge. That'll do nicely :)

Just need to get carwings working now

·
Super Moderator
7,599 Posts
£5k to release from flex on a used car and battery..... hmmm....

*wanders off to look at Tekna Flex prices*

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Just a Quick update .

The car dealership I bought the car from have just received a bill for £5k from the finance company. Which makes sense given the difference in price between a flex and normal new price.
As our private conversation @Tonytone , they are not so clever after all and my Acenta with options turns out to actually be priced and sold at private market value..... but not as cheap as your deal ;). Some heads will roll with that mega **** up.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The deal was june 2013 gen2 acenta 6.6 kw charger 7200 miles ......£11995 with all main dealer facilities 14 day car loan etc.
<expletive>

That is a pretty incredible discount.

The whole flex / non flex thing is a bit of a nonsense really, isn't it? Doesn't the warranty cover the battery for 3 years or 60k miles anyway?

I'm so glad I'm renting. I'm also extremely glad I didn't decide to buy new / outright from my local dealership....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts