Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hello to his forum. Really happy with the car - took Mercedes 5 month from ordering to delivery and finally got it yesterday. Charged it over night connected to a 7KW pod point home charger which took a bit longer than expected from about 20% and can confirm it's fully charged this morning. For the first time in ages looking forward to my commute :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Harry Mercedes,
I'm expecting my B250e to arrive the middle of next month (that'll be 4 month wait). Wall charger fitted today, can't wait now.
I've been a driver of Mercedes diesels for the last 10 years (I've got a new GLA 4 matic as my mine car which I love) but I have to say the B class makes a great EV. The minute I got back from a test drive I ordered one - it's going to be a long 6 wks!. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had the car for 1.5 weeks now and really pleased with it. The only challenge is to drive it so the mileage holds up. Currently only get about 80 miles all short distance trips - with a full charge which is fine - just want to see ho smoother driving can get me closer to the 100 miles range I picked it up. Will keep you posted how things go ...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome! For info, the B250e charges at up to 3kwh on a single phase supply hence it taking a bit longer than you expected.

If you can cope with the slow AC only charging it's one of the best EVs around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! For info, the B250e charges at up to 3kwh on a single phase supply hence it taking a bit longer than you expected.

If you can cope with the slow AC only charging it's one of the best EVs around.
Thanks for that - was wondering why it took that long to charge initially but figured out that it is only charging at 3kwh ... do. you know why this is restricted ?

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
Thanks for that - was wondering why it took that long to charge initially but figured out that it is only charging at 3kwh ... do. you know why this is restricted ?
A lot of homes in mainland Europe don't have sufficient supply to charge above 3kW (16A) on single phase.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is a great car, just flawed with no rapid charging and the limited 'fast' charging speed. I found range in winter 60-80 miles when pottering about and not trying to maximise range. I've got over 100 recently using E+.

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
In cooler weather, the range on a single journey is far more than several short journeys due to heating the pack. We often achieved 100 miles with range mode. Long journeys are not great, but we did do 150 miles one way with a lunch stop charging at 11kW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts