Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting mail from CarWow earlier, it was a list of in stock ID3 that I may be interested in. I had a quick browse and spotted one was actually mine - reg and mileage correct.

I found it amusing, so mailed my dealer and told him that he was very quick off the mark, especially as they hadn’t been able to supply my new car due to a bricked module.

I haven’t had a response yet, but they aren’t having it 😂

·
Registered
618 Posts
Are they pre-empting you rejecting it? :LOL:

Sounds similar to a work situation of mine. I left a truly awful company about a year ago and the company's got such a bad reputation that they still haven't filled my old role. Every week I get a phone call from one agency or another about the role I left - "I'm just calling to let you know of a fantastic new opportunity that you're an ideal match for...".

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sounds similar to a work situation of mine. I left a truly awful company about a year ago and the company's got such a bad reputation that they still haven't filled my old role. Every week I get a phone call from one agency or another about the role I left - "I'm just calling to let you know of a fantastic new opportunity that you're an ideal match for...".
No the car they have for sale is my current ID3, the one I was trading in for the new ID3 that’s bricked 😂

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Try and buy it. And let us know what happens, could do with a giggle.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Have I missed something?- why would you trade in a car for 2k less than you paid 6 weeks ago, for the same car again??
Especially now the good deals seem to have been snapped up?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have I missed something?- why would you trade in a car for 2k less than you paid 6 weeks ago, for the same car again??
Especially now the good deals seem to have been snapped up?
No - they are selling it for £2K more than I paid for it - I’m not loosing out at all. The reason for the new ID3, is complex, its related to me being mis-sold the original ID3

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Say no more.
And the change to the grant is not helping buyers (or sellers, and manufacturers).
Buying an electric car does seem to be a lottery- it really is making me twitchy wondering what will happen next.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
545 Posts

Sounds like that episode of Only Fools and Horses where Rodney applied for his own job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts