Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Ampera MY13
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! maybe this has been mentioned before, but if your like me and you hang your key fob up in the hall or a wall in range your car anyone can open up the car by touching the locks or boot buttons and id hate anyone to loose the kids xmas presents etc in the car ! test your fob range by leaving it in your normal place in the house and try your car doors! and move it out of range if they open! better safe than sorry! a merry xmas to all . kammyx1 P.S. i just noticed this today and iv had the car 9 monthhs lol.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
How far away was fob from car as it shouldn't work unless very close. I kept mine in hall and wasn't detected. In later years of ownership I had in Faraday fob to prevent relay attack.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Anyone can recoment a Faraday case that's nice and small?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I've had a couple of mesh-lined black fake-leather pouches from eBay. About £5 a couple of years back. Problem is, after a while the flexing of the pouch flap must break the mesh, and it stops working without your noticing! Discovered this when I demoed to a friend how safe I was !!! Switched to pouch no.2 (unused) and it then worked as designed. So I'd recommend something using solid aluminium that hinges/slides, rather than flexible wire mesh getting bent & fatiguing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts