Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I can not get my van to charge dash is displaying "danger electrical fault" and the traction battery is flashing low charge. Had it code read and advice from quite a few people is the traction battery is faulty or the inverter/charger.
When I connect to a charger I here the relay drop in and then a click from the top of the motor but then anything between 6sec and 20min the charger drops out but I do not believe any charge is going to the traction battery. I have replaced 12v battery to rule that out and checked most of the connections(where safe).
I have attached the codes that are present I have also attached them as a file to this thread.
Any help/advice much appreciated.

DTC Description
No fault codes
No fault codes
EV (EVC - Diagnose - AT - Prog.nr 0201, VDIAG 04) DTC Description
DTC0420F1 - CAN communication - No additional information - Permanent
DTC030586 - CAN communication - No additional information - Permanent
DTC030581 - CAN communication - No additional information - Permanent
EV (EVC - Diagnose - AT - Prog.nr 0201, VDIAG 04) (after last fault code deletion) DTC Description
EV (LBC - Traction battery - AT - Prog.nr 7504, VDIAG 04) (after last fault code deletion) DTC Description
DTC337317 - High voltage circuit - - Permanent
Fault codes

EV (LBC - Traction battery - AT - Prog.nr 7504, VDIAG 04) DTC Description
DTC303008 - LBC - - Permanent
DTC302104 - LBC - - Permanent

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have the same problem and the same fault codes, I checked all connectors all switches, but nothing changed.
Your car still drive? My Kangoo don´t drive, and the main battery is 3/4 full.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this 3:
but can´t find anywhere what they means.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
no it will not drive and the traction battery is flashing empty. Had the battery off and checked inside but nothing obvious that is wrong.
Do not think it is the PEB as that was changed in 2016 by Renault. Now stripping the BCB to check contacts etc.
When you say switch/relays at the traction battery left side middle - do you mean in the engine bay or near the traction battery?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry now I know where you mean - yeah had the lid off off and checked the relays etc but all fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Today I want to open the EVC, it is lokated behind the 12V battery. Because the fault codes come from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I am going down the same route as checking the EVC but also the wiring loom that runs the CAN bus wires to the traction battery the reason being is I have no power getting to the rear fog light which is running is on the same loom and goes through 3 connectors before it gets to the fog light and traction battery so just wondering if there is a poor connection although I do know that the fog light is not on the same CAN bus but worth me checking the continuity of the wiring loom.
How did you get with the EVC anything showing up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checking the EVC and wiring loom tomorrow but on first glance the wiring connectors all look good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I checked the EVC and everything seems to be ok, now I checked this car with another tester from gutmann and have a new fault code: DTC012062 (Battery Charger Box) BCB.
I want to open it today and check it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked wiring and pretty much the same as you can not find anything wrong but I think my problem is either in the EVC or LBC as my traction battery has got 160v (40%) but it shows fully discharged on the instrument cluster and it did show a quarter before this started so it has to be one of them that is faulty. Spoke to one guy who has access to renault data and he said more than likely the problem is the traction battery. I will keep you updated but if you find anything please let me know.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Spoke to one guy who has access to renault data and he said more than likely the problem is the traction battery.
The cry of the person with no idea!
as my traction battery has got 160v (40%)
How do you see that as 40%? IIRC it is a 96S configuration operating between 2.5v and 4.2v, meaning pack voltages of 240 - 403v. If I am correct, then that pack is so far off the bottom end of the range as be beyond the Turtle and definately displayed as 0% charge remaining on the display.

As you are in the UK have you tried a HEVRA approved garage ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First I also had the problem with the discharged battery , it shows fully discharged on the instrument cluster. But the diagnostic showed me 270V. I changed this big switch with the part number 297C13NA0B and the unstrument cluster showed me 3/4 battery. Now I have only the EVC fault codes:
1525F329
But nobody knows what they mean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
have a new fault code in UHC: DTC95D802 lown battery permanent, i think I have a problem in the Interconnection unit (charger)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After taking various advice almost sure the traction battery is the problem - going to remove it, test it and see what can be done. I’ll keep you updated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no fault codes with the battery, only at the evse system and sam, I will try to buy another charger and look what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I changed today the charger, but the faults are still there. Than I tried to charge the car and the switch/relays at the traction battery blows. It seems that the traction battery has a short cut.
You got a new battery from renault or a used one?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts